Update Coming to Gear from Rated PvP

So what you’re saying is that you’re mad you can’t roflstomp PvEers as easily in BGs since Conquest gear is on equal footing and isn’t gatekept by rating?

Got it.

Are you serious…? This change encourages doing nothing but randoms… I don’t even understand your logic to argue it. If you’re referring to the base ilvl once you enter a pvp situation, no. I think that was a great change for exactly the reason you mentioned. I’m upset that I can’t upgrade my conquest gear without PVE currency, and a little that there’s no rating requirements attached to it anymore. It was the reward for being better in RATED PVP. Not sure where you got the roflstomp in there but that’s dumb.

Are you discarding the crests and flightstones you get when winning rated matches or something?

The reward for rated PvP is cosmetics, and flightstones/crests used to upgrade the PvE level of gear.

If you’re not complaining about not being able to walk all over PvEers, then I don’t know what you’re complaining about.

What happened to doing PvP because you idk… like playing your character in PvP situations. We’re just back to how it was in MoP and WoD, which was great.

hold up… I seem to have jumped to conclusions. the “Drakes Dreaming Crest” is the thing i need. The icon says you get it from outdoor activity, amirdrassil, and keystone mythics. I kept getting whelpling ones. Only from the victory boxes , but even from the boxes I’ve gotten for winning rated games. Granted; I didn’t play season 2 (work change) and I just resubscribed last week so this is all new to me… but I got 20+ wins and haven’t gotten a single Drakes dreaming crest… I’m obviously missing something?

Drakes dreaming crests are from specific open world activities (Opening seeds), normal raids, and keystones 6-10.

They’re a PvE currency.

Great for PvP’ers but why are PvE’ers punished for not taking PvP epics in vault each week? IMO PvP iLvL should apply to all Champ or higher epic items in game.

PvP ilvl is just max mythic ilvl, the difference between PvP gear and PvE gear at max ilvl in PvP is the amount of vers you have and trinkets.

Upgrade from Honor to Conquest. That’s it.
And that’s BETTER. Gear shouldn’t even be uneven in PvP, unless it’s by design and there is no PvP gear to begin with, which would make the PvP-only crowd cry oceans.

Honor gear is already ilvl 476 in PvP, and conquest is 489. 489 is the max ilvl for this patch, PvE or PvP. Can’t get higher than that. There is nothing to upgrade.

The only upgrade path in PvP gear is for PvE ilvl. This gives us who like both PvP and PvE a great headstart on PvE if we don’t raid, and greatly helps when fighting enemy NPCs with Warmode active.

For the first time in WoW’s recent history, PvP has an advantage over PvE, as we can get Heroic Raid PvE ilvl from Conquest PvP gear, which used to be Normal.

And IMHO, they should have also bumped Honor gear to the Adventurer Track (Heroic Dungeons), because Explorer track gear is starter gear that get replaced in a matter of days.

I just want to be able to acquire the currency to put my pvp gear in the item upgrade slot, from pvp. I’m aware this doesn’t change the ilvl in pvp situations…

Yeah, can’t help you there, as we only get a few flightstones from PvP (don’t know about rated since I don’t do it, other than BBlitz which isn’t officially rated atm, just has the drawbacks of long queues on matchmaking).
To upgrade the PvE ilvl, you’re gonna need to do PvE stuff, mainly M+ for the Wyrm crests (463-476 ilvl).

Drake crests (450-463) can be obtained from other sources in the world, mainly planting seeds in ED.

You get them from rated too. I think 1400+ rating wins. Usually 3 at a time for the wins I’ve got.

Does that mean you get wyrms from wins 1800 or above?

I went and found the post with details.

Cool, so PvPers can indeed upgrade their gear for PvE content with PvP activity.

Yes.

So what’s all this whining about? (Not you)

Seems like it. But now they know.

you’re not laughing half as hard as I am, you dancing robot…

Oh there are outliers to be sure. Bruh, I’ve had pvpers whine through entire random bgs and blame everyone but themselves. But they are good for nothing, and you generally don’t see them in arena.

And you’ll find arena players who will lose one match (and if you’ve ever played arenas, your first match of the day is usually a warm up), omg, someone made a mistake I QUIT. It happens. But more experienced pvpers know you have to give it time to see how things will work out. Short-tempered pvpers get what they deserve. And in this case, the PVPer didn’t know a mechanic. Ok, that’s like…every LFR ever. If he quit, seems childish to me.