Update Coming to Gear from Rated PvP

By champion track, do they just mean conquest gear?

Is yours Tier?

I have a Tier PvP piece that’s still stuck on Veteran and perhaps they haven’t gotten to the Tier pieces yet?

My PvP shield that I bought last week changed to Champion track but the PvP legs I bought and converted to tier is still on Veteran track… hopefully they fix it but fully expect to be dissappointed as usual.

Could the conquest-level world PvP gear go on the Champion track too? Seems a little unfair that rated PvP players will have a 13 PvE ilevel advantage over world PvP players when doing PvE content in the open world, even though the world PvP players are using gear that’s literally designed for war mode…

Alright cool, not just me with the veteran tier piece then. Perhaps that’s one of the parts of their fix they’re working on.

1 Like

They’re working it according to tonight’s hotfixes:

1 Like

So……. When is this effective? My shoulder tier set from week one are still veteran 463.

Seems to be effective already, all of my conquest tier is on the champion/hero track on all of my chars

What am I missing here?

It sounds like: If you want a super easy path to gear up for PvE … then… PvP!

Which… shouldn’t be a thing.

I’m fine with giving PvPers some sort of path to PvE gear, so they are not be excluded from the rest of the game. But PvP shouldn’t provide a superior path to gear for PvE, just as PvE shouldn’t provide a superior path to PvP gear.

The two are different things.

But since I gave up on the overwhelming dumpster fire that is PvP in this game a LONG time ago, maybe I’m just reading this wrong.

It’s PvPers with honor gear who are being treated as second class citizens.

You don’t seem to be aware that players actually have to do a lot of rated PvP to earn that gear.

Uhhh… I know I’m a little late here, but this sucks so hard. If this is some awful attempt at being “fair” then I hope the currency they use to upgrade raid gear is conquest… I love how PVE’rs get to choose to ignore PVP because they don’t like to play unless they can read exactly what their opponent is going to do next while still fully upgrading top gear, but now PVP’rs are forced to sit through god awful raid waiting and the exact PVE hell I’m avoiding by doing PVP just to upgrade the gear that I waited for, worked hard to acquire, and then worked harder to earn the rating to upgrade it!? Sweet… Seems fair.

You don’t need to upgrade gear for PvP, only for PvE.
It was the greatest change they’ve ever made to the game.
Now, just by being good at PvP I can get heroic raid ilevel gear in PvE.
PvErs, OTOH, will need mythic raid gear to be on par.

So it’s the “greatest change ever” that PVErs get to use conquest gear as a way to get an easier starting point to continue raiding, but PVPrs don’t get to upgrade their gear, or have anything to play for or work towards short of gladiator titles and mounts. So since I’m not a scrub but not an elite PVP player I can only get myself fully geared with conquest gear and then… my rating doesn’t matter? My gear will never get any better? All of the discussion I have found on this is PVE people loving the obvious positives and sub 1000 scrubs also happy about the potential positive PVE implications for them. The problem is that this change completely destroys any desire to play PVP after you’re fully geared, unless you’re elite pvp. And even then!! So top rated PVP players are supposed to sit in 450ilvl gear unless they spend half their time raiding, but average af PVErs get to upgrade the conquest gear just by wasting enough time to get a currency completely unrelated to the gear itself.

So what you’re saying is that you’re mad you can’t roflstomp PvEers as easily in BGs since Conquest gear is on equal footing and isn’t gatekept by rating?

Got it.

Are you serious…? This change encourages doing nothing but randoms… I don’t even understand your logic to argue it. If you’re referring to the base ilvl once you enter a pvp situation, no. I think that was a great change for exactly the reason you mentioned. I’m upset that I can’t upgrade my conquest gear without PVE currency, and a little that there’s no rating requirements attached to it anymore. It was the reward for being better in RATED PVP. Not sure where you got the roflstomp in there but that’s dumb.

Are you discarding the crests and flightstones you get when winning rated matches or something?

The reward for rated PvP is cosmetics, and flightstones/crests used to upgrade the PvE level of gear.

If you’re not complaining about not being able to walk all over PvEers, then I don’t know what you’re complaining about.

What happened to doing PvP because you idk… like playing your character in PvP situations. We’re just back to how it was in MoP and WoD, which was great.

hold up… I seem to have jumped to conclusions. the “Drakes Dreaming Crest” is the thing i need. The icon says you get it from outdoor activity, amirdrassil, and keystone mythics. I kept getting whelpling ones. Only from the victory boxes , but even from the boxes I’ve gotten for winning rated games. Granted; I didn’t play season 2 (work change) and I just resubscribed last week so this is all new to me… but I got 20+ wins and haven’t gotten a single Drakes dreaming crest… I’m obviously missing something?

Drakes dreaming crests are from specific open world activities (Opening seeds), normal raids, and keystones 6-10.

They’re a PvE currency.

Great for PvP’ers but why are PvE’ers punished for not taking PvP epics in vault each week? IMO PvP iLvL should apply to all Champ or higher epic items in game.