Upcoming Feral Druid Tuning – March 29

Primal Wrath feels like it’s supposed to fill those shoes a bit but feels a bit underwhelming as far as burst DPS. I’m just returning to feral so I’m not too familiar, but am I right in saying it’s the only spender we have for AoE, a light burst and an application of a bleed that lasts far longer than the time it takes to get 5cp to reapply it?

I feel like this should be a base line ability along with rip. Not as a useless talent.

honestly the thrash buff is laughable it currently hits for less then a white attack and those cost no energy.

Why is melee damage the deciding factor of whats good or bad?

Does an arms warrior or outlaw rogue do the same thing in their forums?
Asking for a friend.

God I’d hope not. White damage is pretty high in all 3 Rogue specs >.<

White damage is my highest overall ability on my sub Rogue. Maybe that’s why I still to feral lol

This time the buff is completely expected and I don’t feel anything
It can only be said that Feral can only solve the current predicament by completely redesigning and getting rid of the similar talent structure shared with other specializations.

Is there any thought of firing Feral’s designers outright?

Complete garbage. Stop saying this. It’s blatantly false.

2 Likes

The desk has been empty, collecting webs since the end of wrath.

1 Like

This by far, is not enough to make feral even decent for AoE damage sadly. A few things need to be changed. Primal Wrath should be baseline. The base damage of Primal Wrath, Shred, Rake, Thrash, and Brutal Slash need to be increased. Have Savage Roar turned into a passive. Ferocious Bite being able to cleave up to 4 targets. In PVE at least, the bleeds should tick harder and/or faster. With the Sabertooth talent, instead of only Bite being increased, all abilities should be increased by 20%. The 4 set bonus from tier was nerfed into the ground making for miniscule AoE. The bleed needs a huge buff yet again. Considering one of feral’s “top” AoE hits being locked behind 4 pieces of tier, it should at least do good damage but, it doesn’t. Really hurts that Guardian druid spaming Thrash does triple the amount a feral can do using all of their cooldowns. But yeah, those are some of my ideas for some more changes.

3 Likes

Been trying all kinds of things to improve my feral play.

Reviewing logs and my mistakes. Certainly making mistakes but even on some of my best play with 95% up time on rip and min wasted combo point builders I still struggle.

I suppose what is most frustrating is even if I play to my optimal level I fall short of my other lower geared alts. I just don’t get it I suppose. I try like heck and read and run as much as I can to test things out but…

Feral is punishing to dps for mistakes but I make more on my alts and still put out more overall damage and as much single boss with 8pt ilevel in some of them.

I will just keep at it. I like feral and Druid is the best class in WoW after 14yrs. Just sucks.

1 Like

Please reconsider on not giving ferals any AOE buffs in 9.2.5. Speaking as someone who is trying for the m+ title this season, it’s extremely demoralizing to have the spec you’ve mained for the past 7 years to be barely viable in higher push keys, while offering little utility at the same time. The buffs you’ve provided in March were needed, but negligible. Ferals need some serious AOE buffing to be even viable in those higher key levels. Feral doesn’t need to be meta, but it does need to be better than its current state if people even want to consider pushing keys (and the top 0.1%). No player should feel that they are automatically excluded from that title or higher keys because of the class and spec they play.

i do agree with you on this and seeing as a feral myself trying to get up there in M+, from the buff we got in march was very much needed, but didn’t give us the big push for AoE wise. it’s real depressing to go into a key sometimes with classes that AoE real well vs. yourself and be in like top 3 or 4 because you don’t do enough AoE. I am hoping at some point i can switch back to feral to push keys even further, but have been doing Guardian as of right now. I still do raiding and keys as a feral, but i’m hoping theres a future for Ferals getting a buff.

You know it’s bad when the top feral (3650 io) pretty much stopped doing keys at level 27, and that is with an MDI group. Almost any other class that has a viable enough spec can pug keys at this level or past.

1 Like

I know, with only being 2600 io myself, i still get declined to 16’s or higher because of utility, but also my AoE is just not up to par with other specs. So, it kind of puts a damper on myself and i have been pushing keys as a guardian. i believe Thrash and Swipe needs to be at least like a 150% buff to be viable with the rest? I think it could be more than just that, but i really don’t want to sit feral just because of that. Would like to see what you think how much of a buff we really need to be viable to push, especially yourself to be the 1%.

I think what they need to do is increase the reduction on the 2 piece. I know it’ll cause Convoke and Zerk to no longer line up, but in an AoE setting, we’re just using Convoke to get the mastery boost before using Zerk for Sickle.

Our AoE is great in those moments we can use it. But we get to use it once every 1.5-2 minutes while other classes are getting the benefit of their 4 piece every single pull.

An increase on the 2 piece would definitely make the CD of berserk/sickle better, and yes, our AOE is pretty decent when we have it up, but as soon as sickle is gone after 10 seconds, we really just rely on swiping, maintaining thrash, and snapshotting PW with bloodtalons/TF to the best of our ability, and that’s where we fall behind. Our raw AOE abilities simply do just not cut it.

True.

But after that 10 seconds of Sickle, we can go back to funnel damage, which we’re good at. Granted I run Apex for that reason alone, it’s my preferred style of play. So I’m just waiting for big bites between all the Swiping and PW’ing.

And under the target cap (5-8), we’re not horrible so long as we can continue to funnel. But how often are pulls that low? They had the right idea with our 4 piece and how it boosted our AoE. It just needs to be a bit more recurring than what it is currently.

Again, I’m just at 2600, not no 3k+ rating and haven’t played my Druid much in the last month or so, but I think we could deal with mediocre AoE outside of our big CD so long as we could use our CD a bit more often.

I run Frenzyband just because i love the play style, but i think we would be fine if they just buff the 2pc so we could be in a better position? I don’t think it will interfere with the convoke windows too substantial unless they buffed it ridiculous amount. I would like to see in the future a buff just for PW/Thrash/Swipe to be up to par with other classes. or at least change the 2pc to be increased.

Please restore the 4pc bonus to 700%.

2 Likes