Upcoming Class Tuning -- 8/13

This might be scary for cleave damage too.

DK nerf = disc priestā€¦buff? Wake up America!

• Developersā€™ notes: Arms Warrior, Destruction Warlock, Frost Death Knight and Unholy Death Knight are generally underperforming and could use a damage increase.

ahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

3 Likes

ahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

ahahha 10 words

1 Like

ahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHahahhahahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

lol iā€™m done

1 Like

Put scatter on freaking disorient already so I can play marks in arena

7 Likes

Honestly kind of surprised to see Destro and DK getting buffs, haha.

The Rsham changes should be good; part of me wishes they didnā€™t get any but I can barely get people to sign up for LFG just because Iā€™m a Shaman. Hopefully this helps, haha

yo blizzard lol could i get my second stack of focused will back haha

5 Likes

ā€œwe think the duration provides too much protection for a class that should be focused on control and mobility for defense.ā€

Although based on the comments here, mages should really have no control and no mobility and be just a free HK.

1 Like

On my comments? Fire Mages still have Dragonā€™s Breath, Poly Spam, Ring of Skill, Ice nova, 2 blinks. Ice Mages get same same, along with insane slows, AoE blizzard slows, and multiple novas. Arcane has so many gap closers/openers most donā€™t know what to do with them all.

Nerfing the cooldown on Temp Shield will just make mages use it more wisely, not simply on cooldown.

This duration change can undoubtably be seen as a buff in certain situations, including the nerf to the tier 3 azerite traits. 6 seconds could have been enough time to force another cooldown from the mage unexpectedly.

This will not stop mages from hitting Temp Shield at 80% and shrugging off 75% of someoneā€™s burst go.

So do spammable 100k barriers fall under the control category or mobility category for Mages? :thinking:

1 Like

Temporal Shield losing 2 seconds, but not getting a dispel immunity or counting against damage absorbed through barriers, still making it a bad defensive cooldown.

:thinking:

That temp change was actually indirectly a buff that I think was a good change.Now people can pre-temp abilities and not die with it still being active and can use it for its actual purpose.Solid mage buff.<3

Its nice that it actually can be harder to steal or purge it, with a 3 gcd window, but that doesnā€™t change that itā€™s still horrible against ā€¦ literally every caster in the game. And demon hunters.

I still miss the s1 Legion temp where you can choose to end it duration on your own bidding, however this indirect buff to temp could be alright.

Is frost dk damage going to be high enough to be considered now?

No, lol. Unholy was brought to PvP for NS, everything a Frost DK can do, a rogue/monk can do better, honestly.

Potentially. Stack mastery, chill streak with stacked targets can do some pretty crazy stuff. Iā€™m looking forward to trying blood of the enemy, skyfury goes with huge earthshocks and chill streak

Yeah Frost DK chill streak would be a good response to the TSG meta thatā€™s about to ruin ladder.

They can do some pretty wicked aoe damage but itā€™s mostly just dps padding the meters and not any real burst. Who knows maybe with WW/Arms it will be viable :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have also stated time and time again that simming should never be a part of balance.

It may be simming the highest, but due to the way the bosses are itā€™s far from the top performing spec as linked earlier.

www .warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#dataset=80

Itā€™s not even the best hunter spec performance wise by a large margin through 80th to 99th percentile further lending proof that just because in a theoretical 0 movement 0 target swap Sim, that in practice the spec is a mechanical nightmare in dire need of improvement because while raw numbers are not an issue, the functionality is a massive issue requiring bandaids until 9.0:

www .warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#dataset=99

Now honestly itā€™s dps position is good. Apart from what GD would have you believe, being ā€œmiddle of the packā€ of performance is not a bad place to be in PvE performance.

My point is though youā€™ll notice Arms is basically tied with it in performance and just received a substantial damage buff while also being a FAR better performer in PvP.

Meanwhile MM is in basically the same position PvE performance wise, while also literally being the worst PvP spec in the entire game, even below tanks and Aff locks, while not receiving any changes whatsoever while thereā€™s plenty of room for buffs without putting us through the roof damage wise, and obv plenty of CC mechanic buffs that will have no effect on raid performance.

I mean hell, historically hunters have been in the top 3 most hated pvp classes in the entire game before Demon Hunters, just under rogues. And you now have threads filled with people who donā€™t even play hunters agreeing MM needs serious help atm.

2 Likes