Upcoming Australian Dollar (AUD) Price Changes for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens

You do know even with this price hike we in oce still have laggy unstable servers and a constant direct linking with NA server pools, creating 200+ latency in bg’s/5 mans and world grinding - our aus hosted servers dont mean much in todays wow.

We get ‘less of a playable’ game.

1 Like

A ~20% increase for what? What added value and benefits do we receive for this? Particularly when ActiBlizz is apparently doing so well financially with record profits. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

I dont have the best internet but even in BGs i dont get 200+ latency. The game is absolutely playable and enjoyable with 150 ping which is the worst i get usually. If you have troubles with playing with NA players i suggest joining an OCE guild and doing content with fellow OCE players.

Currently flying around doing the new pre-patch quests with more players than ive seen in a while at a nice 15/17 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so I am understanding correctly. Blizzard is increasing prices during a pandemic when there are record levels of unemployment?

Nice…

25 Likes

I do, i am in an oce guild - BUT WE JOIN A BG AS A GUILD AND ITS HOSTED IN NA BECAUSE OF THE NA PLAYERS ON THE OTHER TEAM. WE CANT CLICK AN OPTION FOR OCE ONLY.

Or doing world content grouped as oce players only to then land in some NA hell server because of sharding tech.

4 Likes

Responses like this will get people frustrated because they show that you don’t understand how the servers work.

Shame on you Blizzard, targeting one specific community to a price hike with no explanation while we are all in the midst of a pandemic and soaring unemployment rates is a real class act.
My faith in supporting this game is constantly dwindling, over the past 12 years I have played this game I am not sure how much more I can tolerate.

16 Likes

And the opposite happens for some NA players, they get put on OCE servers in BG’s and 5 mans. If we had an option for OCE only queue times would be longer and you would complain about that eye rolls again NA ping isnt even that bad with their tech you hardly notice it, its not like players are teleporting around.

2 Likes

In a time where gamers all over the world are able to support one of the few businesses that are able to keep operating this is a massive kick in the teeth to us as players as a whole

What a way to thank the customers that have helped keep the company afloat in difficult times after things start easing.

8 Likes

$20 a month just does not represent enough value for a casual player for a decade old game

Ill be taking my money to an xbox game pass

20 Likes

Imagine releasing BFA and this awful experience you guys call a prepatch event then expect people to pay for not only the expansion but then also an increased amount of sub money each month plus ingame purchases (mounts, transmog, tokens). What a useless company this is, actually just wanting people to not play their game. Hopefully this money goes towards hiring a balancing team and someone who knows what players want. Everyone is addicted and wants to play your game, fix your s***!

5 Likes

While this is a price increase, WE STILL PAY LESS FOR THEIR SERVICE THAN OTHERS this isn’t a random price increase like for physical video games or for warhammer minis where we pay significantly more even after currency conversion for no reason. This is blizzard getting us aussies to pay as much as they charge US players to play, god we could be NZ where another poster noted they pay MORE than US players to play.

4 Likes

I demand a recount !

Those markets must be fraudulent!

3 Likes

And the bit at the bottom…

If you dont like it you are welcome to cancel your account
good to see blizzard cares…

13 Likes

This could not be a more tone deaf action.

At a time when people are struggling globally to get by with many companies lowering prices and governments around the world are handing out tax cuts, You go ahead and hike prices.

As a long term player and supporter of Blizzard I really hope this gets reviewed.

12 Likes

[ Everyone disliked that. ]

23 Likes

They dont care they want their money.

Blizzard could not care any less if they tried if you or I or any other person lives or dies or struggles… as long s the subs keep rolling in.

2 Likes

I’m seeing more and more why the old guard left to make new companies…

13 Likes

Blizzard increases the cost of a sub, but the OCE servers lag like crazy when theres more than 10 people in an area. Lol.

7 Likes

could you elaborate on the reasoning behind this? i doubt you just decided to single out the australian market like this for fun. Please be transparent on the reasoning.

1 Like