Upcoming Adjustments to Retribution Paladins

Quote please where the specifically say they will not buff specifically ret. I can save you time because it’s not in there. There statement was left open ended and was not a solid “never again” statement. Let me directly quote again:

“…We stated before that we will use the patch 3.3.5 class balance, with as few adjustments as possible, and we intend to stick to that.”

With how minor the ret changes are that, to me and most other rational people, is nowhere near the level of class balance that the DK change was.

ill even give you a bone here:

We want to make it clear that we are not planning any further adjustments to any other classes for patch 3.4.1. We feel the class representation in raids is in a fairly good place right now across all classes, and we have no plans or desire for any further tuning adjustments.

At the time of posting this they felt good about the representation of classes clearly they have been looking into specilizations and found that ret was not performing where they wanted it too or expected it too. Hence the change.

1 Like

“We want to make it clear that we are not planning any further adjustments to any other classes for patch 3.4.1”

Tell me, is a ret paladin a class? It may not have been mentioned specifically, but it fell under the classes catagory.

So again i ask blizzard, bm buffs when?

“We want to make it clear that we are not planning any further adjustments to any other classes for patch 3.4.1”

Weren’t planning but did, in fact, make more changes. They made no set in stone statement. They left the language open in case they had to make more changes or felt changes were needed in specific cases.

It’s that whole thing where people change their opinions, views, thoughts, etc when faced with new or glaring information. Which is normal human behavior and something blizzard does quite a bit.

1. Not a Goal – Bring all of the classes with poor PvE output up similarly. Frost Mages, Subtlety Rogues, Arms Warriors, and Beast Mastery Hunters are all at or below the output of Retribution in PvE and it would be easy to point to this change and say “What about [insert spec here]”. That’s fair, and this very argument was a motivator for us holding off on making changes here. A key argument that swayed us however is that all of those classes have very viable alternatives for PvE DPS, whereas Paladins only have Retribution in this role. All of these specs also have traditionally been viewed as PvP specs, and we are very leery to shift the meta in PvP while chasing a buff to PvE. This is why we went the direction we did for Retribution; as the impact to PvP shouldn’t be large. We’ll continue to evaluate things as time goes by, but we do not have any plans for other similar class adjustments after this one.

Of course there is the caveat that at some point blizzard may decide that BM is underperforming as a PVP spec as stated above. Clearly it is performing well enough to not warrant changes and has two other DPS specs to choose from should one lag behind a bit. Which is something that fits with their statements in the paladin change blue post:
"A key argument that swayed us however is that all of those classes have very viable alternatives for PvE DPS, whereas Paladins only have Retribution in this role."

Your asking for BM buffs also bumps into another segment:
"All of these specs also have traditionally been viewed as PvP specs, and we are very leery to shift the meta in PvP while chasing a buff to PvE"
They are concerned that changing what they consider to be PVP specs(which BM is stated to be) they risk throwing off and messing too much with PVP. As it stands the ret buffs will not affect PVP as stated in the blue post.

a bit snarky but it’s really telling how you support blizzard when it’s changes you agree with but the instant you disagree it’s awful.

1 Like

This doesnt say they wont buff bm ir ither specs. It just isnt their goal at this time. Kinda like what happened for ret.

But you dont want anyone but yourself to benifit from class changes now do you. Got what you wanted now you are demanding no more changes. Hypocritial much?

“This doesnt say they wont buff bm ir ither specs. It just isnt their goal at this time. Kinda like what happened for ret.”

Isnt their goal at this time yes, however as I stated if BM and other Viable hunter specilizations fall below where blizzard thinks they should be I imagine you would get some kind of balance change similar to what ret recieved.

“But you dont want anyone but yourself to benifit from class changes now do you. Got what you wanted now you are demanding no more changes. Hypocritial much?”

Not at all as I have never stated as such and you are now straight fabricating the things i have said. Check my recent posts, other than reposting the same goal from blizzard, I have also stated several times that should other classes recieve similar treatment from blizzard I would be happy with it and welcome it.
I do think there are some more changes to other classes that could be made to bring some specilizations up. So nowhere am i a hypocrite. I support class balance changes and the stance blizzard has taken is not the one id have chosen but its the one blizzard is taking.

Do you have any other words to put in my mouth or any other lies and strawmans you’d like to try and attribute to me?

This Glyph is terrible, it feels terrible, it makes the class play differently, and it just feels terrible(worth repeating). Going oom while using Divine Plea multiple times a fight, this just isn’t enjoyable at all. There were better changes that you could have done, instead you pick something that makes the class feel horrible for a pretty minimal increase. This doesn’t even put Ret on par with Fury, it’s a joke. Longer the fight, worse the class feels now. Vezax feels miserable. I really was hoping I’d be able to enjoy Wrath, but I don’t.

You just macro it into your rotation and change nothing… It’s off the GCD.

5 Likes

I’m seeing a 10% increase in damage on fights. Pretty good.

its a 10% dps increase for the love of god stop crying.

3 Likes

It would definitely feel weird to use if I didn’t macro it into my existing abilities, so I get what he’s saying.

Still, its a buff. I’m taking it.

1 Like

what DK nerf? It was a Bug that wasn’t fixed!

I feel like whineadins should just cry and whine for another 6 months and maybe they’ll get another 10% dps increase on top of that? Seems to be a winning strategy.

1 Like

Using it macroed into everything doesn’t change mana consumption and how bad the spec feels now. Having to cast consecration more often and adding a new spell to the mana costs, we go oom on longer fights even with using plea regularly. Forget using consecrate on Vezax now, the mana pool just isn’t there anymore.

Even if that’s true, that’s an acceptable loss. Based on my Ignis fight numbers, Consecration does half the damage HoR does. That’s a net gain.

Not to mention if your tank is kiting Vezax around, some of those ticks will go to waste. It’s pretty hard to waste an 8 second nuke with no GCD at 30 yards.

Do you think you’re gonna accomplish buffs to your dear BM spec by sitting here crapping on rets and Blizzard rather than, yanno, asking for those buffs?

Still resulted in a nerf.

Still miles ahead of the OG WotLK gargoyle.

Fire your Tank ASAP.
No reason to kite Vezax

Now buff warriors so they can stop being garbage tier and actually get raid spots. I enjoy rogue but it’s sad I had to reroll because warriors are not viable right now. Ret needed the buffs but warriors need them even more. At least ret has plenty of utility.

2 Likes

At this point you are just trolling as someone already posted the exact blue post which in no way mentions ret. Please learned to read as readining is fundamental.