Upcoming Adjustments to Retribution Paladins

Surely
Copium

In the spirit of meaningful changes, can you add stairs/ramps to Dalaran and Blade’s edge similar to what’s available in live. Thanks.

This is the problem. You think “buff ret” means make it the top DPS spec in the game. it doesn’t. You don’t need to make it a top 5 spec. Fury isn’t even in the middle of the pack. You should have done nothing or a real change to bring it to the middle of the pack

Nobody is asking it to be the top spec. Bring it to the middle. Christ.

3 Likes

That’s not a solution.

You can’t just switch to a different role and fill the same spot on your roster, the other classes can.

Blizzard felt this was a distinct difference and that rerolling is not a viable solution.

2 Likes

so, obviously thankful for the buffs, but your original statement was “not to make disingenuous changes” to ret paladin

were there really no other ways to buff ret paladins? there’s a very long and very detailed history of the nrfs ret paladins received over the course of wotlk. you could have easikly undone any of them

1 Like

Ret is the only DPS spec for paladin. Those other classes mentioned are DPS only classes that have other viable specs. Not a valid point to take.

6 Likes

Don’t thank them for non-changes. They’re making us give up a major glyph for a different major glyph. Our damage isn’t going to change.

5 Likes

Not true. You can easily replace the consecration glyph with this one for a decent increase in dps. Especially with not having to cast holy wrath.

1 Like

Yep. Aggrend literally said all of that.

2 Likes

Any change is good, but it’s not good enough. Especially for me to not go back to ret over my resto shaman this tier. Theyre seeing how little ret is being taken now and they are panicking.

But you can switch roles.

If a healer isnt doing any dps during a fight with buck all to heal, its on them, likewise prot still has plenty of power.

Even ret is useful, hell its brought to algalon.

The buffs are unwarranted, especially given they arent touching the kther lowest common denominator specs.

The excuses of i cant play holy or prot because i cant dps is just stupid, you can absolutely dps as a healer most people choose not to.

2 Likes

Great, now can we PLEASE allow Fire Ele Totem CD to reset after an encounter.

14 Likes

QoL Seal of Vengeance/Corruption seems neat, although it does slightly impact what little skill differential the spec provides, definitely should be a slight boost though.

What I am curious about and I’m sure it’s been checked, but what is the actual variance in throughput increase provided by the Hand of Reckoning glyph change?

As a major glyph it will be taking the place of a current throughput glyph for the spec, I assume this was taken into account, and if possible are you able to provide figures for the various combinations you tested? (It’s not like they would be immediately worked out anyway on release).

1 Like

And yet they can be filed under “Things Zune will never notice and will not affect him at all”

2 Likes

Consecration is a good portion of our DPS, losing the extra time means we run oom because we have to cast it AND a new spell more often.

Great nothing burger that won’t help anywhere near enough… Adding taunt into the ret rotation was the big fix? LOL.

thats just not true. in early wks of raiding before our guild could 1-phase heigan, i resorted to spamming our taunt on heigan while we were dancing. taunt, in that very small window of the fight, did more damage to heigan than my divine storm did.

neither our consecrate glyph nor our avenging wrath glyph is that impactful

stop being jaded.

This makes me happy. was no reason why it wouldn’t be applied from these abilities yet was applied by numerous prot ones.

1 Like

bruh, this is a non change. Making us go oom by moving a new spell into our rotation and making us have to cast Consecration more frequently. That’s not jaded, that’s a fact.

Mate, for the gigs seal of blood was tested on the sim on the paladin discord and seal of vengeance still did more dps than it.

2 Likes