Unwarranted Bans

We used to call blizz, they had toll free number, and a human you talked to. I get that isnt how it is now. The email said just that, that an appeal would not be responded to.

1 Like

you can still talk to people over the phone via callback. but not for an appeal. and you never could. phones are for billing and tech support and have always been. if you called about an in-game issue, billing would sometimes try to help, but never for appeals.

2 Likes

Good to know, I only ever called them when I was hacked in 2009. I do know for a fact he did not download anything, because his history belongs to me too, we are networked on both computers. He just isnt that reactionary about wow and can look at naked pics anytime without downloading mods. Plays other games, then logs in twice a week to do some groups, raids, and logs off. If he was modding, he would have laughed, told me yeah i effed up, we probably would have turned it into a little Ben Shapiro joke somehow, and then he would have licked his self induced wounds while I laughed at his *ss being accountable. Nothing is sacred with us. Blizz effed up. Period. Hopefully you are right regarding the appeal, and they do read them, but I am not hopeful that they will.

I would file a appeal. While there are false positives. The warden for the game can also pick up cheating software for other games. botting software for other games.

1 Like

Meanwhile I am not banned. I call BS. We use the same computers, always have since we bought them 5 months ago. I will give it a week to be looked at. After that, we are in the market for a new MMO.

Kids lie. He could have done it and deleted it in a single hour. You did not stand over his shoulder 24/7 and watch what he does on the computer. He is almost an adult so quit treating him like a baby. 17 Years old and you act like he is 5 and doesn’t know how to use the computer. They all know how to do it and they also know how to deceive “mama bears”.

I suggest you stop with the threats and just move on. Hopefully he will come clean but I doubt it seeing the temper tantrum you are throwing on the forums.

2 Likes

If it’s the same computer being used, as OP is claiming, wouldn’t OP’s files also be affected? Same computer, same install.

He is almost an adult on paper, and he would have told me, because I would have just called him a derp, and laughed at his consequences. and he would have just said yeah I effed up. Pretty sure I know our relationship and how we roll. Yes I am home before him, and up before him, and we switch up computers all the time depending where we want to sit. Both accounts are on both computers. which were purchased the same day. He is not lying, and was up until 2am with me trying to find the cause of this. Hes rather upset, kids on the spectrum take unjust a little hard, so of course I will help try to fix this, which is not babying, but being supportive. I dont stop working in mental health when I get home. I am not the threatening type, so unsure where that has come from. You dont have to attack our character because I came here looking for some answers, and have explained the situation thoroughly. I would like the issue to be solved so we can play again, thats all. But if it cant, we need some new MMO recommendations. In the meantime, he can heal my *ss getting archive lootboxes.

Thus far, nobody has even attempted to answer why my account is not banned as well, too busy calling people liars. I hear that blizz doesnt ban for a 5 minute thing, but investigate prior, so if they think there is some weird crap on my computer, why is my account safe?

I think it’s less him being on a spectrum and more why weren’t you banned, too? If you play the game on the same computer with the modified files, you’d get the ban-hammer, too. Less emotional, more technical

Also I hear FF14 is still going strong.

Sorry, thats how I am, and how I verbalize, when responding to people who are being accusational and calling out our character, which is not what I asked about here. Guess there are trolls outside the game too :smiley: I dont know techy talk. But my brother is a tech since 1986, and will be looking at both computers for me.

We will research new games tonight, not sure what FF14 is, but thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

FF14 = Final Fantasy 14

Specifically, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

's on Steam, and still going strong.

1 Like

lol. i’m tiring of entertaining the theatrics here, but my last comments -

there isn’t some surprise hidden software on there that needs to be searched for. either you/your son did it or you didn’t.

it could’ve been installed and run 6 months ago for a week and then removed, so that would only impact his account. and while i don’t know specifically how these programs work, if there are only modified game files while the program is actually running, then it also could’ve only impacted his account.

1 Like

My kid is pretty sure that there must be a virus or something. He is running malware and virus checkers right now, any other techy ideas that may help are appreciated until I can get the systems looked at. We both play daily, so I would assume if something were in there for a week, both accounts would have been affected? I play more than him anyways, again, he logs on, does world quests with me, does some dungeons, and then raids with guild, then hes off to heroes of the storm or the like. Pretty sure since I can look over and see his gameplay from either computer, I would have noticed mods, or it would have popped up on my account too. Has to be an error, or a virus etc. Is there a leading software for finding viruses and ad stuff? If its not a blizz error, which most say it isnt, and we know for fact we didnt download anything strange, thats the only other option, and he doesnt want to turn on any games until we figure out the cause of this.

There is literally no way a virus is responsible for anything related to this. But you already know that. Keep selling that oceanfront property in arizona, though.

2 Likes

How would I know that? I dont know how viruses work. Blizzard suggested scanning the computers for malware, keylogs and viruses. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/14319
So do you know something they dont? I have never had one before, but am reading up on some stuff that says some require tools to remove them, and software wont work. Any ideas good software to use, blizzard has recommended 3 different ones.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/25960

I have windows security on both PC’s. If you dont have any ideas that are useful/responsive to the problem, save your typing fingers.

Maybe a better tech forum instead then? I am also the administrator on our computers. So I have to do the downloading of any software.

UPDATE: THANKS FOR REINSTATING HIS ACCOUNT TODAY <3

A virus would not have given a positive reading when Blizzard’s Warden software did its checking. As was mentioned before, the positive could have been noted months ago and particular software been removed from the computer since then.

Calling someone out to stop posting when they’re simply trying to help, and you don’t agree with what they said, is bad and considered trolling.

Have your son file an appeal, if he hasn’t already done so. That’s all that can be done now. Posting here is not an appeal and discussion is really futile as none of us know exactly what happened.

Hey Adorapriest,

The best thing to do for bans is to put in an appeal ticket so things can be looked into by Customer Support. The forums are unable to assist with bans or suspensions.

Forums are not the proper place for this topic so I will be locking the thread.

Please have the effected account put in a ticket via the following link.

Appeal Link

1 Like