Unusual ingame lag

I’ve been having this issue for the past 2 weeks or so and it’s extremely frustrating. Occasionally, my ingame activity completely freezes (network, not graphical). The game is responding, and I can move around, but nothing actually casts.

Here’s what makes this weird: If I’m looking at another player’s screen (via discord or something), I can move around and cast in real time, even though my screen isn’t updating. I’ve never encountered this before, and it’s extremely frustrating.

Troubleshooting I’ve tried so far:
Deleting all addons.
Deleting Cache/wtf.
Full uninstall / reinstall.
Running with no addons.

I’m at the end of what I know to do and am reaching out here for assistance troubleshooting this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

ETA: This is in SOD, if that matters. I have not tested in retail.

Does chat still work when this happens? There’s been multiple threads about this over the last few months, I first started experiencing it in December. The threads typically end up buried with no resolution.

There’s a thread here that I just commented on: Constantly getting lagged in keys. Brother Lags at same time and lives on opposite side of town. Chat works - #2 by Aelexe-frostmourne

Feels like we all need to band together and try to get an actual fix for this. It does seem ISP dependent, but since its happening to multiple ISP’s in different parts of the world, and seems to only be an issue in wow, it seems like it has to be an issue on their end.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.