Unsubbing question

my current subscription runs through something like march next year, and i plan on unsubbing soon, is there a way to unsub now and save that time for later or am i SoL?

Game time can not be paused.

3 Likes

thanks. stinks but thanks.

SoL just like me; Mine expires 03-09-2019 and can’t be paused, I’m just going to let it expire; I had another account I let expire in September 2018 because they did away with power leveling in dungeons back in 7.3.5 which had been allowed for over 13+ years that was a deal breaker for me and once that account closes I won’t be back.
Funny that they allow multiboxing by letting a player have as many accounts as he wants and play them all at one time gathering profession mats to earn gold but not us that had 2 accounts and using one account to have a higher level run the lower levels in a dungeon they nerfed XP gains and punished us even though we had been doing it for 13+ years and they knew it.
Corporate greed took over; I guess that one extra account wasn’t enough for them to continue allowing the power leveling.

Two different things. The multi-boxers are hit with the exact same limitation as you.

Cite your source. Where did you get the information that it was corporate greed? Consider the bottom line of Blizzard. Players running multiple accounts don’t even make a dent in it. It’s not statistically significant. A handful of players out of millions. It’s a lame argument, especially since it can’t be backed up.

5 Likes

They really didn’t get rid of power leveling, and the good news is leveling experience is getting reduced starting tomorrow, so if it’s low level alts you want to work on, it should get easier when they patch.

2 Likes

Yes unfortunately they did do away with Power Leveling back when they implemented 7.3.5 and in Feb a Community Manager started the Massive Thread “XP FROM DUNGEONS” which has over 4600 posts now with people complaining about them taking away Power Leveling along with other XP reductions; On November 29th 2018 a Community Manager confirmed that Power Leveling had indeed been removed even though it had been a part of the game for 13+ years, You can view the CM’s post here:

Also if you look at the below link you will see that the XP reduction coming out in 8.1 tomorrow will not get us back what was lost in patch 7.0.3 and you can see that it’s actually an increase in XP in levels 10 - 39, See below link:

If you wish to complain about xp gains, do so in General Discussion. The OP got his answer.

2 Likes

I’m just answering the MVP’s remarks that was directed to me in this thread just above my last post…

SO much hostility.

:rainbow:

4 Likes

Stop being so obtuse. Leave the game if you wish, but don’t spread flat out lies.

From the post you actually quoted yourself:

It was a bug that was corrected. You were never intended to get massive gains with a high level running you through. So what they “took away” was your ability to game the system and level much faster than intended.

Cry all you want about it. The game is better off without people cheesing their way through it in an unintended way.

3 Likes

Just to say, while the general policy is that they cannot pause game time, you can always try a live chat with Billing to see if your case might be an exception. (For example, there’s a difference between someone who bought the 6-month bundle to get the mount and someone who traded a bunch of tokens for game time.) Don’t expect anything, but asking once and accepting the answer hurts no one.

3 Likes

Not quite. From what I’ve been told in the past, there is literally no way to pause it–that’s a technical limitation–but they may be able to return a certain amount of unused game time later, after the time’s expired, at no additional cost.

I’m not spreading lies, You evidently just picked and chose what you wanted in that massive thread “XP FROM DUNGEONS” had you read more you would have seen that the majority of the players in that forum were complaining about the loss of power leveling that Blizzard knew all along had been going on for 13+ years and there’s even you tube videos all the way up until 7.3.5 proving it; Google it for yourself if you don’t believe me.

As for me yes I’m leaving along with many others that already have as friends list has become grey and guilds empty.

I just deleted 46 of the 50 toons (Would have deleted the other 4 but their mail boxes were too full but I’ll get them deleted too) I had gold, inventory and even guild with banks that had 7 tabs, I’m gone, even this toon I’m posting on has been deleted, Unsure why it still allows me to post maybe the system takes a while to catch up but in any case I’m gone.

Agreed. The thing that happens is people interchangeably use terms like sub and game time, and Billing is best suited to directly review and see.

1 Like

No, I believe they covered both points. Yes, experience gain itself was changed, specifically when it came to grouping with much higher level characters in a dungeon in order to soak up experience from that high level character easily killing everything with little to no risk to the leveling character.

That was trivializing the encounters, which our Devs tend to try to address when they can. How long the system worked a specific way before the change was implemented really isn’t relevant. Generally speaking, even when we know about an issue, sometimes the fix isn’t as easy as we’d like and may require a complete overhaul in a system. It is likely that when they were doing work on experience scaling they were finally able to address this matter as well.

Again, the bug was that the scaling wasn’t working correctly and wasn’t providing the experience gain that our devs wanted.

After months of feedback and data from folks using the current system, the experience gain in dungeons is being increased. Not to the previous levels, but to a level they feel is more appropriate.

Now, since the original poster found their solution, and this thread really shouldn’t have ventured into this subject, I think it is time to close it. Thanks, all.

2 Likes