Unprunning was a bad idea

I haven’t been able to for some time, although not sure how long it’s been. I noticed it when I had an extra 2h for awhile and couldn’t swap to my regular one when I had the wrong one on to start a fight.

1 Like

It sounded great in theory and in some cases it was. Arms warrior gets baseline Shattering Throw and Spell Reflect. Ret gets its stupid avenger buff made an Aura you have to try to slip in before someone dies. Also Crusader Aura stops being a passive and is likewise an aura. Yeah gee thanks Blizzard, that’s really unpruning.

4 Likes

I think for most players (yes I know, not ALL players) the unpruning is going to end up a case of you thought you wanted it, but you really didn’t.

5 Likes

Really because I think being able to be an emergency tank in leveling dungeons would be huge. You know how many times I’ve had crappy tanks dying constantly leveling up or doing intro dungeons at max level? You know how often warriors swap on shields in pvp? (Atleast the good ones) Again youre projecting yourself on the player base and you don’t speak for the player base

3 Likes

don’t forget that ret is also getting shield of the righteous for whatever reason too :rofl:

I mean I know it was probably an issue in Legion due to artifact weapons and not being able to use the other specs one and like I mentioned M+ but open world and heroics you should be able too

So it can just be a pvp talent? Ok cool. Next!

2 Likes

I just think it’s going to come up once in a blue moon. And because of that it’s not something I would’ve added baseline. Lots of mobs have bubbles so shattering throw is great. Spell reflect is also really good. I’d just rather it be something more useful like maybe MoP regeneration in combat passive or something more useful and tangible that an everyday player is going to use.

And that’s not to say I have something against defensives. Defensive are great, but when I have to weapon swap to do them I’d rather play a game that handles that better like Eso or GW2.

I’m not a fan of hunter’s mark either. And I’ve been playing a hunter since Vanilla.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s something leftover from that then. I can’t switch weapons during combat in live or on PTR.

1 Like

My only issue with it back in vanilla is it’s mana cost was too dang high.

I’ve been playing a Hunter since vanilla and I was pissed off when they removed it.

2 Likes

“Dps boost” is artificial. Power is relative to everything els in the game.

It’s just one more global you’re pressing before you go ham.

Same reason they made runs of power baseline with mage CDs.

1 Like

A player’s actions should count for more than passives do. We’ve seen the effect of passive effects with Corruption; power boosts and attacks over which we have no control, that artificially boost our damage without any relevance to skill.

I want more skill in the game, personally. And choice. It should require thought and consideration to play a character, not just luck and a rotation designed by someone else and weird things proccing at any given moment.

Just my feelings on the matter without going into huge detail.

5 Likes

I feel they should have reverted the GCD changes first to help avoid the inevitable button bloat.

2 Likes

I knew a healer that refused to deal any dps, even during down time (looking at you Nzoth). I was shocked, but I was also somehow shocked I was shocked.

There is no skill in pressing hunters mark before starting your rotation.

The game requires plenty of skill.

There is content out there that requires skill. Go and do it.

2 Likes

I think it depends on the class, and also depends on the player.

Let’s take Warriors for example. They got Intervene, and Shattering Throw Back. Those two abilities excite so many Warrior players a lot because of their niche uses, especially PvPers. That was a great job by Blizzard un-pruning those abilities and giving them back to Warrior players.

There are others of course, but since Warrior is one of the characters I play that’s an un-prune I really was looking at. I think un-pruning as a concept is a good idea, but the way Blizzard went about it was not great for certain classes.

I think DH is a popular class because its simple, like you said. But the big thing you left out is it looks freaking bada$$. If you gave another class the same toolkit but wrapped up in a different style I don’t think it would have nearly as many players playing it.

Not at all, and Curse of Exhaustion is wonderful to have back.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t get why people are so against assisting with things that aren’t your main role. Like it only helps your group and all. The amount of times I’ve helped healers in M+ during bursting and quaking weeks…

1 Like