Unpopular triggering opinion... i like the trolls heritage helmet mask

that’s pretty much it.
since most of you guys don’t like it, its your loss really… But i do like it so its mostly a win for me, all that is lacking now is dark hunter glaives and i be done with it.

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong for liking it. It’s like your opinion, man.

I just think the quality of the heritage armor overall has been falling off, starting with humans.

1 Like

that is fair… i do agree that we’re all quite ambitious when it comes to heritage armor, and while they tend to look “fine”, its not “OMG its so good”.
as i main belf i got disappointed with my heritage armor way back then (garbage shoulders).

2 Likes

I mained a belf pala back in SL and I looooooved the heritage armor. The individual pieces alone made for some awesome contributions for other mogs.

I am triggggerrrrreeed

Only downside is that it for some reason goes over the nose. I guess we can blame the Plague for the trolls wearing their masks differently now.

Someone has to I guess.

2 Likes

They gave us two other masks as options, so all is good. wear whatever you like. My main is actually wearing the eyepatch from the Plunderstorm set. Goes quite well with the red variation.

1 Like

troll heritage armor got the covid mask helm

Well if it’s any consolation, I agree with you

I like the concept, just wish it was rendered more accurately. If it just covered mouth and chin, and didn’t hang off the nose… it would be one of the best Heritage helms in the game.

1 Like

That “consolidation” doesn’t even fit well. Becuase it was made to be wall decoration, it was not intended to be put on the face.

2 Likes

Now THAT is a hot take. Human heritage armor sets are awesome. What exactly were you expecting? Blue jeans and a white tshirt?

I think the issue is we know we’re only getting one shot at heritage armor, so the stakes are too high…if it was like class sets where we get them regularly, there’d be less pressure for one heritage set to be everything to everyone who plays that race.

Of course we have so many races at this point it’s probably too much work to make more for every one, maybe if they combined allied races like LF Draenei with normal Draenei etc.

Summed up nicely, that’s why I’m advocating to have it fixed. I’d be fine with it if it were just some other Troll set. The set itself has a lot more problems than just the mask.

I’m glad you’re happy with it. Agreed it is our loss. I love the design concept of melding the wood and the cloth, and from the front it looks ok, except that it only goes between the tusks like an elephant trunk. Honestly if it were overing the whole face, going over the nose would be less of a problem. When viewed from the side this thing looks ridiculous. Too much material on the nose and that jaw ought to be covered, not the nose. Tbh the cloth clipping into the chest of the females is just the calling card of a lack of effort.

True but they’re so small they’re nearly unserviceable. These masks are re-used assets from WoD where they were huge wall hangers. They downsized them way too small, would have made more sense to leave them comically huge like real voodoo masks or in keeping with the lore.

1 Like

Extremely goofy helm and lack of dimension on chest.

So many people were wanting something closer to a tuned-up version of the elite Dread Gladiator set. But they ended up getting something off of Wish dot com.

1 Like