Unpopular Opinion: I think LFR should be Changed

Yep, I said it. I think LFR should be changed. LFR doesn’t teach raiding and it’s actually nothing but a faceroll every time. I think it should be changed.

I think it should be changed with scaling mechanics. So, LFR should have the difficulty of Normal mechanics to start out with for each boss. After each wipe, instead of giving a flat out bonus to HP, dps, and healing, the mechanics should scale down to the simplicity face roll they are now.

I’m not saying I hate LFR raiders but I’m saying I hate LFR because it teaches nothing and is just a faceroll. It should take some effort and attempts at learning the fight instead of it being so blatantly easy.

Forum Moderator Note: Post edited to facilitate constructive feedback.

18 Likes

I don’t think LFR is really meant to “teach raiding”. I think the point is just to let people who don’t raid still see content. I don’t know many raiders who use LFR unless it’s for the tmog (or maybe if they’re reeeeally bored).

If you don’t like it, just don’t do it?

Also: I don’t think your opinion is unpopular.

79 Likes

What a new and fresh idea. If only there were a way to avoid LFR and find more challenging group content…

86 Likes

If I had a list of things I was fairly confident would never happen in wow, removal of lfr would be the first item listed.

11 Likes

I’m more on the boat of disliking it because it sets people up for failure moving into Normal. It does a horrible job in teaching mechanics.

Also, I think they need to cut down from 4 difficulties. Down to 1-2 in my opinion. I propose 1 because I’d love to see a return to something like activation of hard mode via gameplay instead of a menu.

10 Likes

If you find it too easy then don’t queue it.

You’re welcome.

41 Likes

It isn’t that I don’t agree…but what would be the point now? Warfront give abusrd amounts of gear with a 370. Weekly events toss out a lot of gear and world bosses spawn often enough to impact it as well.

The horses have bolted from the barn it would be easier to build off classic wow then bring bfa into line.

2 Likes

LFR is faceroll because it’s meant to be completed. Normal+ doesn’t have to be completed.

It’s not so much that the players are terrible (on average), the issue is available time of those players.

FWIW, there’s a lot I hate about LFR, but it’s not designed for me. And I need to accept that fact.

31 Likes

This. LFR was never intended to teach people to raid. It has two functions: 1.) lets everyone see the story and 2.) Blizzard isn’t wasting resources for a handful of players.

32 Likes

It’s really easy to just not que up op you should try it sometimes.

19 Likes

Optional content is optional.

31 Likes

I don’t know why people think they have some moral imperative to “school” other players whom are playing the game the way they wish to.

I live by the notion, you do you.

35 Likes

Rpg are supposed to reward you fpr ypur time and effort and LFR makes WoW a worse rpg by misunderstanding that. It should be 86ed.

1 Like

Screams to remove LFR.
Participates in LFR.
Sorry…I cant even take you people seriously anymore.
Next.

31 Likes

You’re 2/8 Mythic, why are you even talking about LFR?
Oh yes, make the super casuals who do LFR waste more time wiping, that’s a great idea.

“I don’t do this content but I want it changed!”

20 Likes

LFR funds mythic raiding. If it weren’t for the number of players who only raid LFR, mythic raids wouldn’t exist.

Let’s not shoot the golden goose, eh?

25 Likes

but but but…that would be too easy :rofl:

6 Likes

There are many things in WoW that aren’t designed for me, I just ignore them and enjoy that aspects of the game I do like.

Don’t like LFR, don’t run it.

12 Likes

If LFR “funds” mythic raiding then why is wow down to 1.7 million subs? It seems like LFR has been costing the game more subs than it’s “funding.”

1 Like

Exactly, I don’t pvp at all. However, I don’t call for its removal just because I don’t like it.

13 Likes