Unplayable Latency

Swapped to actual character having the issue.

Pretty much had this same issue all day. It seems to be a recurring issue from time to time. Having world pvp toggled off seems to alleviate it somewhat, but still having higher than usual world ms. I’ve ran a few tests and it seems to be packet loss on blizzard’s end.

Nope, still happening. It’s a server issue.

A post was merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

Same problem here, It goes from 170ms to 9k ms in the moment we pull a boss, I just gave up raiding today, the moment I leave Ny’alotha, my ping back to normal.

Same thing here right after the reboot. weird thing is the server I used to get insane latency on( proudmoore) is only giving me 50 ms at the moment?

Same problem, WoW going up to 6000 and 10000ms while I go open up another game custom game and sitting at my usual 80ms…

Same thing here, came to see if anyone had the issues. Yesterday - no worries. 35ms. Today - over 2000 ms. Was wondering if there was a patch between yesterday and today…

Mines over 9000

A post was split to a new topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

I’m also getting abnormally high latency for both home and world. Getting occasional stuttering, but I’m getting pretty severe freezes/cast and loot lag.

This happens in just about any zone including dungeons. I’m hoping that blizzard clears this up soon…

I’ve had a tech support call with blizzard and they say it’s not anything on their end, but since I’m not the only one experiencing this issue (the forums are riddled with it), I’m thinking it’s definitely not on my end.

I’ve tried factory resetting the router, running on a VPN, disabling addons and firewalls… nothing helps. It’s not always constant either. Sometimes it’s better than others. I’ve tried playing in the morning vs peak hours. Morning is hit or miss with lag, but it gets steadily worse and more progressive as it moves into peak hours.

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a winMTR so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).