Unplayable Latency

Hey there.
In some server instances, I’m getting unplayable (upwards of 8000ms latency displayed, much worse actual in-game response times).

Monitoring the network connection, the game runs just fine when logging in (IP 24.105.38.90), but starts lagging HARD when loading a new zone that gets me on another shard (for instance, IP 24.105.39.4. In fact any other 24.105.39.0/24 seems to be lagging me).

This started happening today, around 12 hours ago.
I’ve already tried different network routes to no avail.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

3 Likes

I’m getting 5x the ping I normally get, from 30->120/150 with some game freezes for about 2 seconds.

I have never had this before. Have not changed anything. Have disabled addons, reset router, did ping/speed tests, everything is nominal but getting these big delays nonetheless.

It started after the shutdown/patch earlier.

edit- Guildie said someone else from Texas was having issues as well. Mabye Dallas hub?

1 Like

Same here, I have:
35 ms (home)
1150 ms (world)

With no packet loss or latency issues when pinging Google, Cloudfare, misc. DNS servers etc. I just tried an heroic using the Dungeon Finder and it was the same.

I’m sitting at 40 home MS, and 200 MS. Have been all day. Doing anything like raiding or m+ is practically undoable. Been kicked from groups because of it.

It’s definitely something on the servers.

I was just wondering if it was something client-side, but after getting the same issue all day, even without addons loaded, I had to try using the forums :confused:

Almost lost my lesser vision run due to it, and now I’m afraid to try a Horrific Vision since losing the vessel to lag is just sad.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue, although it only started for me tonight after the reboot.

2 Likes

Also having this issue, started this morning after the server reset having 300+ ms. This is unplayable. Do not have issues anywhere else beside wow.

Yeah, I usually sit at 130-150ms, the looking glass from my home server indicates that very latency too, so does tracert, pathping etc.

Guess I can’t play for now. Taking some portals DC me.

agreed, can’t raid i have 350+ MS world

Same issue, lost 3 horrific visions vessels.

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Same here.

Swapped to actual character having the issue.

Pretty much had this same issue all day. It seems to be a recurring issue from time to time. Having world pvp toggled off seems to alleviate it somewhat, but still having higher than usual world ms. I’ve ran a few tests and it seems to be packet loss on blizzard’s end.

Nope, still happening. It’s a server issue.

A post was merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AT&T U-verse High latency/disconnects main thread