Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Omg I completely forgot about Serrikā€¦ .and hes my favoriteā€¦ lol

I imagine theyā€™d support Ardenwealdā€¦ cant really see em with the othersā€¦

2 Likes

I agree.

And yes, poor Serrik. I initially almost forgot him too. Itā€™s a shame he had the death he had. And to be slurped into The Maw to boot.

Maybe even if Sethraliss doesnā€™t tell us whatā€™s up. Perhaps Sulthis will? Or Vorrik might sense something is amiss? Maybe Sulthis or Vorrik could ask us to save their fellow Keepers and kin that went to The Maw.

Honestly I could easily see a faction reputation popping up helping the Sethrak in this fashion. Or just the covenant faction reputation.

I still think hearing about Sethralissā€™ time in SLs could be interesting/a plot hook.

And all of this could be plausible even if we get Sethrak as a playable race right before SLs.

5 Likes

Aye.

I think if they came just before it could be tied to the Scourge assaults weā€™ll be facing. Alliance rolls in and saves them for some reason. For whatever reason Horde bugs out? I donā€™t knowā€¦ Could just be Horde savin em. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When I made my vulpera today there were SO many people making then orgrimmar was laggy. Iā€™ve seen like 3 or 4 mechagnomes and they all have a silly diaper related name. That says it all right there.

8 Likes

Oh yeah. Has nothing to do with the dungeon having massive issues for a lot of people who want to unlock them.

I mean yeah I imagine most folk really like their vulpes but theyā€™re new. Gnomes arenā€™t. But there are plenty mechagnomes and will only be more once blizzard fixes the issues with unlocking them.

Heck go into the pvp bgs. Youā€™ll see plenty of em. Darned tough buggers!

1 Like

Did you check the peace treaty event that happens? Several important figures we helped during BFA apparently show up at the peace treaty. Maybe that is where the Sethrak npc shows up.

3 Likes

Would the Scourge assaults reach as far as Volā€™dun? Or maybe another population of Sethrak?

Heck maybe the Sethrak come and help us?

I havenā€™t looked into this event yet. But maybe youā€™re right?
Which is also interesting because if I remember correctly Sethraliss makes a comment of only wanting peace. Perhaps with a peace treaty signed, the Sethrak would be more interested in joining the Alliance and/or Horde. They could be a neutral race like the Pandarens.

3 Likes

They claimed back in Wrath that the Scourge would just attack the whole world so I would assume Volā€™Dun could be hit.

I like the idea of the Sethrak going to assist. Whether thats helping Alliance or Horde or both. Make the Sethrak prove their worth to the factions. Piquing their interests. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Where do you think Korthek would have gone if The Maw wasnā€™t siphoning souls? Do you think he could be redeemed? How about the Faithless who have recently lost their lives? Are they really evil or were they just blindly following a misguided fool in hopes of a great empire?

3 Likes

Not entirely sureā€¦ He was more militarily minded so maybeā€¦ that place with the undeadier undead. Its done more based on their livelihoods, and besides conqueror Korthek we donā€™t know how he used to be. Was he always like that? Did he change at some point?

Not sure. Heck I could see him maybe serving in Bastion.

As for his followers? Again hard to tell. I suspect most were just following orders as you often have in societies. I canā€™t imagine all of them are evil and want to conquer everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

Most peoples in hard to live places probably really like the idea of taking new lands where they can have lives of plenty. From their point of view maybe conquering others was their only real remaining option?

Not saying they were ā€œgoodā€ justā€¦ maybe they had reasons.

2 Likes

Might just be me but does or did anyone else just get like really angry when looking at the Mechagnome and then Vulpera when making theirs? because minus that ā€˜Horde got a new race vs Alliance got a subraceā€™ thing the detail is stupidly high on Vulpera, like the arm options for Mechagnomes are nice but doesnt beat the Vulpera details.

6 Likes

I donā€™t get angry but yeah, the ammount of work put into Vulpera by far surpasses the mechagnome one. Even if mechagnomes have more number of options, vulperaā€™s differ greatly, plus all the modifications to the goblin body plus all the fox-like animations, even giving them a flip, something that was an alliance thing.

Itā€™s obvious since they were tweaking vulpera literally since they were making the expac until their launch. Mechagnomes just came in a patch.

1 Like

This is a thread about Sethrak. Go to the mechagnome or vulpera threads to complain about that.

Same thing. Take it elsewhere.

2 Likes

I mean. Iā€™ve already heard people who were excited for Mechagnomes are upset with what was given. And thatā€™s depressing for them. :frowning:

Might work in favor though? Perhaps itā€™ll be an additional push to add our Sethrak.

But back to the topic.

1 Like

I think he did. At least in some way. Vorrik held him in high regard at one point. And they were good friends. And he referred to him as ā€œold friendā€ at his death. Makes me feel bad for Vorrik.

Perhaps Korthek was just too ambitious? In a way he reminds me of Tai Lung from Kung Fu Panda.

3 Likes

So I havenā€™t done research yet but what is the relationship between Sethrak and Zandalari Trolls? If itā€™s poor that may play a hand in introducing Sethrak into the Alliance.

1 Like

Hmm. well at one time they were friends, but after the desertification of Volā€™Dun the Zandalari started sending their exiles there. Criminals, scum, political enemies. Those exiles had to become a bit savage to survive. Surely the Sethrak arenā€™t happy with a bunch of criminals and thieves being thrown into their lands.

3 Likes

So wait a second, if the Alliance were entrusted with a key how did it end up in the hands of the Faithless?

2 Likes

We bring it back to him in that same quest chain.

It looks for all the world like Blizzard intended for the Alliance to do more with Sethrak but then cut it. Both Wyrmbane and Umbric suggest working with them more would be beneficial.

3 Likes

The faithless tried to get the Key Vorrik was hiding, but he already hid it in the pocket of an Alliance soldier that was captured the Alliance rescues him and the key and it ends up in the temple of the devoted where it is stolen after the Horde gets the third key with the Vulpera that was hidden in some ruins

Time wise the Alliance gets to Voldun first but nothing really comes of it and the quest chain just sorta ends.

3 Likes