Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I 100% agree with this. I know they donā€™t want to give everything away. I think a lot of people that are really into the whole AR system, especially on the alliance, are getting upset at the fact that we MIGHT get Junker Gnomes alongside the Vulpera. Though I donā€™t understand: Why give us so much knowledge on Dark Iron, Mag Orc, Zand Troll and Kul Tiran, just to go silent right after and make those of us who LOVE this AR system, the complete cold shoulder?

There isnā€™t all that much to really look forward to in the game right now. The new raid, hopefully it will be good and fun, will eventually grow old and tiring again and then what? Back to just logging in, doing a few WQ and then logging out? Where is the excitement!? Where is the fun!? I know, yes, there are other things to do in the gameā€¦

but yā€™know what? If I had an AR like the Sethrak, I would be MORE than happy to level new toons, play a bunch of classes with them that would make the game so fun for me again because Iā€™d love the character I have! (not that I dislike Worgen, I <3 my worgen :D)

Itā€™s fine and dandy that the Vulpera are getting all these signs and more or less making it 100% certain theyā€™ll be releasedā€¦butā€¦where is our confirmation? A picture at Blizzcon? Thatā€™s not going to cut it for me.

I hate how people are spouting itā€™s 100% Junker or 100% fish peopleā€¦based off a new area and race aiding us. Iā€™m not against them, they might be awesome! They justā€¦donā€™t appeal to me. Thereā€™s no even saying that the new Jinyu-like race has any females.

I just want something to keep my excitement up and get me real excited for the sethrak again. Or something that will tell us flat out ā€˜not going to happenā€™ from devs so we can just move on with our livesā€¦not lead us on with bait on a hook and wire.

3 Likes

Basically Blizzard kinda fumbled with the allied races. It should have been a steady hype train for the next ones, but since KT and ZT ended up being released so late they couldnā€™t risk hyping more races to steal the thunder from the (already poorly timed) flagship allied races.

So when KT and ZT are released we are on a timeline to expect hype for the next races.

Hey man, hist skin is a legit racial!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly and I feel is what will happen as well :slight_smile:

You know what, I forgot about Histskin.

My argoā€™s a sorceror so I tend to forget about it quite often :stuck_out_tongue:

Just posted this in the Vulpera Mega as well:

I think this question needs to be liked by people so we might get some news on ARsā€¦or at least one can hope!

not my question but itā€™s a good one, I think! :smiley: Also itā€™s about time that we should hear about something new since we know KT and Zand Troll are coming out in the near future~

1 Like

I up voted!! /boop

I hope something about allied races be disclosed, so that the tense atmosphere and negative can give a little! :wolf:

And they donā€™t take advantage and talk something about our danger noddles? :snake:

Did they actually answer questions this time?

So they didnā€™t confirm or deny or even hint at allied races after KT and ZT. What we did learn though (not sure if we already knew this or not) is that allied races take a lot of work and they basically need a jumping-off point for the race to even be plausible. The Kul Tirans they had to make from the ground up with is why they came out late.

Some may look at his statement and think ā€œThereā€™s no way sethrak are possible just because of how different they are. If Kul Tirans were almost impossible to do and werenā€™t even planned from the start what makes you think sethrak are possible?ā€ But the thing is, we KNOW we are getting updated Worgen/Goblin models in 8.2.5 (I think). Which means Blizzard had the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: use the work being done on the worgen/goblins and use that to make sethrak/vulpera possible. Who knows, maybe sethrak/vulpera and the goblin/worgen update were greenlit at the same time because of this.

1 Like

I think they need to release Vulpera and Sethrak along with their respective classes.

Vulpera would use alchemy and sand magic like:

Sethrak would use wind and lightning magic like:

The basic ideas are already in-game. All Blizz has to do is build on them and develop unique specs based around them.

*I suppose people would want to play a Vulpera or Sethrak as other existing classes, so maybe they would just have racials based around their respective lore? I donā€™t knowā€¦ I think you could easily create classes around those ideas but, of course, they wouldnā€™t be exclusive which would kind of take away from their fantasy. I could see these classes being exclusive to Faction though. On the Horde side, which is where the Vulpera would go, I could see Trolls (Darkspear, Zandalari) sharing the ability to use sand magic. On the Alliance side, where Sethrak would go, maybe Humans and Kulā€™tirans would be able to learn to harness electricity.

5 Likes

I liked these ideas! They are very original and different from what we have today

3 Likes

They were pretty quick to deny blood trolls, mogu, Wildhammer dwarves, and high elves, but havenā€™t said a word about sethrak while they keep playing coy about vulpera.

The only reason I can imagine they havenā€™t said no yet is because they might be worried people will jump to the conclusion that the next allied race is guaranteed to be junker gnomes. They seem the most likely candidate so far to me, unfortunately, but if the devs do have another race in the cards, they might not want to deny sethrak until they reveal it first.

Itā€™s frustrating, but I hate to admit theyā€™ve still got me on the hook until 8.2 arrives on the PTR at least.

1 Like

I dunno. I still have my heavy doubts on Mechagnomes, personally, but we shall see. I do predict a huge release in ARs after we gt KT or Zanda. Or well, at least an announcement, then release. I just have a gut feeling because the reason I think they refuse to say anything is not to take away from Zanda and KT, and not to have another waiting spree.

Honestly Sethrak would be a very cool addition to the game, and itā€™s one of the ARs I would roll.

5 Likes

Yep, 8.2 at the soonest is when we would get them and thatā€™s still mooonths away. So itā€™s fine for now. I just hope that once 8.1.5 clears Blizz doesnā€™t keep us in the dark.

1 Like

It canā€™t happen fast enough for me! I canā€™t wait to play both! :fox_face::snake:

2 Likes

Alright doodz, my sub is up in a few hours, and i donā€™t know if iā€™ll be able to post after that. Just wanted to tell you all that itā€™s been a pleasure chatting with you and fighting the good fight.

Praise Sethrallis, and Iā€™ll see you all upon her glorious return. :heart: :snake:

9 Likes

I anticipate a huge backlash, which could be avoided with a simple ā€™ there will be no sethraks ', said by devs, months ago

Worse than not confirm or discard sethraks as playable race, is giving something like junkgnomes, figuring that would be so well received in the Alliance, as vulperas was being well received in Horde

Right now, warcraft needs positive news are associated with the game and your community of players

Junkgnomes paired with Vulperas, instead of with sethraks, would increase the feeling of ostracism that reigns at alliance

Iā€™m not going to have reason to spend a lot of time at Alliance when Iā€™m playing vulperas

Iā€™m not going to waste my time with junkgnomes, as I have not lost with Light forged, dark iron and never waste time with void belve, which would have a pair to time with junkgnome , folding my disinterest by the allied races of the Alliance

3 Likes

I totally get where you are coming from all these neat races and they just want to keep dumping recolors of what we already why not update the current roster with these additions instead of selling off as a new thing.

1 Like

Sethrak are by far the best race in wow, fight me! All you high elf fans are just in denial, never going to happen! Vulpera? lol what are you a furry? Can you believe some people even ask for ogres to be made playable. HAHA! Gilgoblins and trash gnomes can just go straight into the trash bin where they belong, donā€™t even disgust my eyes reading those words.

2 Likes

Also if Horde really want a Reptillian race i did partially conceive one thats also known to your Hordies, sentient Raptors yep you heard me, the goblins created one who flew off into space back during Cataclysm, what if there intelligence or something created from it allowed them to hyperevolve into a playable state?, you even got mad customisation options from the animal raptors in-game like feathers for hair, teeth type and so on.