Unofficial Playable Broken/Dryad/Naga/Ogre/Man'ari Race Thread (A/N/H)

I’m sure, as everyone knows, that World of Warcraft players really like having races central to Warcraft and Warcraft 3 as playable races. In particular, I’ve seen a lot of requests for these five races, so I figured it would be a good idea to condense discussion into one nice, neat location.

2 Likes

You left out Alliance allied race Murlocs…

Alliance Murlocs are for scrubs. Dryads and Broken FOR THE ALLIANCE

1 Like

If we get Dryads as a race I will not ask for another thing.

Dryads in Mythology were beautiful women who lived in trees, springs and other places of nature. They did NOT resemble Centaurs… :mermaid:

1 Like

Going by the title:

Allilance -
Dryads - very close to the Night Elves
Broken - many of them are just now woven into the Draenei NPC’s

Horde -
Naga - the Blood Elf connection from The Frozen Throne expansion
Ogres - Stonemaul? I have a feeling though Blizzard will be sadistic and make us recruit Ogri’la

Man’ari - I don’t care where they go, but I can’t give you a good a reason for them to be on Alliance, solely.

2 Likes

Depending on the Mythology yes, the one you are speaking of resembles Greek mythology. Dryads have also been leafy creatures or plantlike beings. Centaurs are half-horse not deer btw!

Dryads in WoW have the lower half of a deer.

Keep in mind this is a fantasy game – and in my opinion Dryads are uniquely beautiful and most akin to mythology Dryads in terms of appearance – even if their lower half is a deer.

Ogres, Naga, and Broken and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Naga would hopefully be neutral, (like pandas and Drak’thyr), and Man’ari would almost certainly be Horde. There’s absolutely no way either sect of Draenei would allow the Man’ari into the Alliance, but it is far more possible for the Naga to get in, especially under certain conditions. Otherwise the Naga could belong on the Horde if Alliance get Jinyu.

1 Like