Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

Happy National Reptile Awareness Day to my fellow reptile fans! :lizard:

Aside from bringing awareness of how awesome several reptilian races would be if made playable, National Reptile Awareness Day is to educate and bring awareness on the importance of reptiles in the world (of real life!).

I tried to find some videos to share for the occasion that had snakes in them. Here is what I found for this year:

I have more videos in my Saurok megathread if anyone is interested in seeing more:

Hope reptile fans have a fun day. Iā€™ll keep hoping to see more reptiles on that character creation screen someday! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

4 Likes

Canā€™t remember if weā€™ve mentioned here yet but the Refti (Sethrak looking stone people) were apparently made by Tyr and loyal only to him.

We find evidence of this in Uldaman.

I still think there is a chance they could be related to the Sethrak who follow Sethraliss given both the immense timeline and that both Uldaman and Uldorus (Tyrā€™s Beacon Facility) have the curse of flesh connections from Yogg-Sarons influence.

I could readily see a detachment of Refti sent to the Uldir facility seal in Volā€™dun to protect it and eventually succumb to the curse of flesh. Perhaps they were even sent to keep them from spreading the curse to other Refti. Along the way they begin to work with and eventually worship Sethraliss.

6 Likes

I have yet to learn anything new about them. Iā€™ve been wrangling with bugs. xD

But I can see that being a possibility.

As always, playable Sethrak please.

Or who knows, maybe something else will become of the Refti which could lead to Sethrak down the line.

3 Likes

I got into beta this past friday, and last night I did a questline involving the Refti and it reminded me how cool Sethrak are and how much I still want them. Still crossing my fingers.

1 Like

This could likely be, from the description of a Refti in the official dungeon preview page:
Sentinel Talondras : Talondras is one of the refti, a titan-forged race crafted by Keeper Tyr to work in harmony with dragonkind. Fiercely loyal to their maker, the refti were sometimes sent to distant shores to carry out important missions.

Underlined for emphasis, so it is very possible a contingent of them were sent to the far away shores of Zuldazar/Voldun (Voldun which from quests we know was originally a lush jungle like the rest of the island before the seal was broke by old god minions) to guard the titan facility/seals there.

As we know from quests that the seal was broken and Voldun became a desert a very long time ago, I donā€™t have the exact range but I believe it was before the Dragon Isles got sealed off.

And as with the rest of the titan creation races (dwarves, gnomes, etcā€¦) succumbed to the curse of the flesh and became Sethrak.

1 Like

1 hour till the live streamā€¦ rumors we might get a new allied race in addition to the dracthyr.

1 Like

This! It leaves plenty of room for the Refti to have a group that becomes the Sethrak and I hope they go with that and it leads to us bringing the Sethrak into the fold.

I mean thats me being very hopeful but still!

It would be a dream for me to get Sethrak and Furbolg for the Alliance and to see Ogres and Saurok for the Horde. I feel like those races would work well as counterparts.

Though for Sethrak I really donā€™t mind if they were Horde either. lol

I suspect that the underlined portion is referring to how we find a Refti in Uldaman, but I like the way its written being easily usable as wiggle room to say that a detachment was sent to Volā€™dun at some point.

So excited to learn more!

Tuskarr would be the most likely in that case, but I kinda doubt it. Blizzard has a few times said no new ARā€™s during DF, but I will cross my fingers!

I absolutely love this idea! I could lean toward Alliance on this one but, i could also see them as neutral. Deciding whether their Alliance or Horde is a hard choice.

2 Likes

I came up with the concept that the Devoted join the Horde and the remnants of the Faithless, unwilling to submit to the Devotedā€™s justice or the Hordes for that matter, flee to the Eastern Kingdoms to seek allies and join the Alliance.

I like it especially cause it gives the Horde a race that is much more chill and faithful while giving the Alliance a race that is not at all chill and militant.

Kinda flips the standard on its head.

6 Likes

Still holding out hope for Sethrak! I will race change (and probably name and/or faction) change for them. Hear that, Blizz? Take my money!

4 Likes

Wanted to wish fellow reptile fans a happy US Thanksgiving if you plan to celebrate it! :turkey:

I tried to find some Thanksgiving related snake videos and couldnā€™t come across much I felt comfortable sharing here. Instead, Iā€™ll link a video of a happy snake Iā€™m sure is thankful to have a good home:

As for Pilgrimā€™s Bounty, I took a couple of Sethrak screenshots of them chomping on some food last year. I didnā€™t think I could top those screenshots, so I thought Iā€™d link them again:

Maybe someday, Sethrak will be able to enjoy Pilgrimā€™s Bounty and all the delicious food involved!

Whatever your plans are this week, I hope you all have a fun, happy, and safe US Thanksgiving. And get to munch on a bunch of delicious food, of course!

7 days until Dragonflight releases! :dragon:

Letā€™s get some more reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

4 Likes

I must have Sethrak. I would trade Dracthyr for them in a heartbeat.

We need an actually GOOD playable reptilian race that can be other classes.

We shouldā€™ve gotten them instead of Dracthyr, but Iā€™m still holding out hope!

1 Like

Been trying to get my hands on anything Refti related not so far not much to report.

Theyā€™re very quick in most cases to say they are sent wherever Tyr needed them to go. Itā€™s really feeling like that is specific and intentional.

Iā€™m betting Blizz will link them to the Sethrak down the line.

2 Likes

I got to the last area where Refti are and was able to ask a friendly Refti about them in general or at least a group of them:

I donā€™t know if there would be a link between Refti, who are dragons, to Sethrak, who are snakes, but I thought Iā€™d share this info just in case.

If I see anything of interest involving them as I quest, Iā€™ll be sure to share it here.

Letā€™s get some more reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

I think there is still a strong chance of a link.

Blizzard knows the Sethrak are well loved and a common request. Theyā€™ve often hit high in most polls.

Making the Refti so similar and hiding little bits about them going where theyā€™re needed makes me think they could easily have encountered the Curse of Flesh and turned into the Sethrak.

The relationship to the dragons is merely one of image, Iā€™ve seen nothing to indicate theyā€™re further connected through any sort of power or some such.

3 Likes

Refti seem to be female only. Zuttiki only says ā€œmy sisters and Iā€ so we can suppose there is no connection with the sethrak we know and we see in BfA.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that alone counts it out, nor do I think shes referring to all Refti but rather the ones serving alongside her there.

Honestly while I can see the strings to connect them I do doubt Blizzard has that same viewpoint or theyā€™d probably have already said it outright. However I do think if they wanted to they could easily make that connection without much effort.

It would be so easy to say that some of the Refti were affected by the curse of flesh along the way and those refti were sent to check up on the Uldir containment area, settled near to the seal and over time became the Sethrak gaining a strong connection to a local Loa who saw something kindred within them. It wouldnā€™t greatly change much and could be used to set their arrival there so very long ago that it could account some for the supposed empires that existed for the Sethrak that we hear of from Emeni.

It could all fit so elegantlyā€¦

2 Likes

Wishing my fellow reptile fans a happy Winter Veil!

Hoping you all will find some awesome snakes under your Winter Veil tree you can put on your character creation screen someday!

Whatever your plans are for the holidays, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil!

3 Likes

Some of my arguments in favor of adding Sethrak as a playable race could include:

1. Lore expansion: Adding Sethrak as a playable race could help to further expand and enrich the lore of the World of Warcraft universe. This could involve introducing new storylines, quests, and characters that revolve around the Sethrak and their culture, adding depth and complexity to the game world.
  2. Gameplay diversity: Sethrak could offer unique gameplay mechanics and abilities that would give players new options and strategies to explore in both PvE and PvP content. This could help to keep the game fresh and interesting for players who have been playing for a long time.
  3. Community appeal: Many players find the Sethrak to be an interesting and appealing race to play as, which could drive increased engagement and retention within the player community.
3 Likes

Or perhaps it could also be related to Sethraliss?

Just speculating and debating but if she was Refti before she became a Loa. They COULD be all female. Though your point is far more likely.

This is Nad by the way. For some reason I cannot switch to my other toons. xD

Sorry for my absence. I got Covid AGAIN and life has been busy.

I do still wish for Playable Sethrak though and continue to drop in requests via the in game feedback button from time to time. <3

As always, playable Sethrak please. :snake:

3 Likes