Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I will always side with Arakkoa for Alliance and Saberon for Horde.
The whole Orc issue has always seemed fairly irrelevant to me.
We had Saberon supporting the Horde just as much as the Alliance during WoD, and relationships can be mended.
Them getting hunted has most certainly been left in the past by now.
The more recent thing, if anything, that’d be worth brining up is the Draenei issue rather than the Orc one.
The Lightbound is a much more recent threat to them that they most certainly would fear more than the Orcs.

4 Likes

Well times change. Today’s saberons and maghar may be less likely to have hostilities between the two peoples and be more inclined to cooperate.

Arakkoas would be something very interesting in the alliance, both for the culture and worship of Anzu and Rhukmar (Shadow and Light) and for the RP that it would bring. Arakkoas has a regal aura that matches the alliance.

4 Likes

As I said before, I’m perfectly fine with Saberon on either faction. Them being playable in general would make me happy.

And it isn’t impossible to write them joining the Horde, of course. I could see there being a neat storyline with the Mag’har Orcs and Saberon making amends to take on a bigger threat, which likely would be the AU Lightbound.

I also am of the opinion that Arakkoa would fit on Alliance better. I think their aesthetics and culture seems more fitting on Alliance than Horde, in my own personal opinion. Plus, they would work very well as the opposite race to Horde Saberon, given that Arakkoa and Saberon have had a bit of a kerfuffle in their history.

Also, the sleigh ride in Orgrimmar seems to be fixed again (for now). I went ahead and took some screenshots of Saberon and some other races flying around in Orgrimmar. I should be able to get them sorted and posted later today.

Happy Winter Veil eve to everyone! :christmas_tree::tiger2:

4 Likes

With the sleigh ride in Orgrimmar fixed, hopefully for good, I can now show off my Santa Claws screenshots of a Saberon flying around in Orgrimmar!

As a reminder, because Saberon use the male Worgen model, they howl a lot during the ride. I view it as them being excited and having fun!

Here is what I took:

Happy Winter Veil Eve! :christmas_tree::tiger2:

2 Likes

A quick question: I don’t recall seeing any non-cloth wearing Arakkoa… were there any? Would it make having armor on them more difficult? I can’t imagine an entire race being relegated to ONLY cloth-wearing classes (though I guess it could be interesting? I foresee LOTS of whining if that were the case!)

I don’t recall seeing any of the cursed Arakkoa wearing anything other than cloth, granted that was during BC when the NPC models were more limited. The uncursed Arakkoa in WoD I think may have had armor on other than cloth, though I’d have to see all the models and bosses from raids and dungeons to be able to confirm that.

Regardless, if Arakkoa were to become playable, they would get armor models of all four types of armor. I don’t see why they would be relegated to only cloth armor, and that would be rather silly if they did that while they could be non-cloth wearing classes.

For any race that becomes playable, Blizzard would likely make full models from the bottom up to be able to wear all types of armor and such. Even if they were to somehow change NPC race models into playable ones, they would still do all the work needed to flesh them out as a playable race and add what is needed in that regard.

I’m sure you could have some really neat armor that goes well on playable Arakkoa. If you’re interested in seeing more info on playable Arakkoa ideas, check out the OP’s Arakkoa megathread here:

Lots of great ideas there that could show how well Arakkoa would work as a playable race. Armor included! :parrot:

4 Likes

Not only that but Arakkoa would likely be modified considerably for a player model to better hold and use weapons.

Oh… Can you imagine the heritage armor though?

3 Likes

Happy New Year’s to the Saberon megathread! :tiger:

As we go into the new year, I will continue to support playable Saberon as best as I can. They’re one of my most wanted playable races, and I hope to one day be able to recreate my Vah Shir/Kerran character from Everquest 1 and 2.

Saberon themselves have a lot of potential that I think would be very interesting to see. Pair them up with Arakkoa, and I think you could see a very interesting storyline and expansion involving them in some fashion.

So whatever your plans are this evening, I hope you all have a fun, happy, and safe Near Year’s!

Hope to see Saberon somewhere on that character creation screen! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Wow that looks terrible. I hope they don’t think they’re done with that model!

2 Likes

So as it turns out, 2022 is the year of the Tiger in the Chinese new year. The tiger is suppose to represent strength and courage.

With luck, maybe we’ll see 2022 become the year of the Saberon! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

5 Likes

I came across a neat video of a lion expert discussing the theories of why lions have manes while taking some lions out for a walk in an enclosure. Please note that this is a trained professional and has worked with these lions for a long time. :lion:

I was thinking of doing a post of lion facts in the near future to see what all could be applied to Saberon, but since manes would be an important customization option to male Saberon and possibly have some importance in Saberon culture, I figured I would share this video talking about manes specifically.

I imagine playable Saberon males would have different sizes and types of manes as a customization option. Something I’ll likely keep an eye out on would be different types of manes you’d see on wild cats and such to inspire some ideas in that regard.

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything that could inspire some cool playable Saberon ideas! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

I’m having fun with the Leoine in dnd… I think Grayphus showed us them once and they’re neat!

3 Likes

So it was announced today that Microsoft has bought Activision, with Blizzard along with it:

It’ll be awhile before we see the effects of this and whether it will be good or not. I’m hoping that player requests for things like new races and customization options will be considered more as a result, since keeping players happy and invested long-term would be good for revenue growth in general. Not THE solution to it, mind you, but a big part of said solution, in my opinion.

All we can do is keep up the support and hope for the best! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

4 Likes

Dragon Isles seems to be the biggest rumor for the next expansion, and said rumor keeps to grow bigger and bigger as time goes on.

It’s unclear if it would be the main focus of an expansion or if it would be a smaller part of what is to come. Whatever happens, I do think it is important to keep up support with playable Saberon. Moreso since we’re seeing Microsoft take over Activision, and with it, hope that player requests for new playable races and customization options will be noticed and considered grows.

Not to mention that it’s important to keep in mind how some Saberon did come with us from AU Draenor. My hope is it could lead to them being a playable race at some point as opposed to just becoming jobbers for random quests or something. Lots of potential in many ways are held by the Saberon, and I hope to see them become something more as a playable race.

We’ll see what happens when it happens. Should there be any Saberon sightings, I’ll be sure to report it here. Until then, I’ll continue to march in support for playable Saberon as best as I can! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

Unless it ends up with us restoring old world regions during it I don’t think we’ll see Saberon…

But I hope…

100%.

Saberon (as well as other AR requests) are all worth continually requesting.

2 Likes

Since WoW and Elder Scrolls Online are going to be sibling MMO’s in the near future, I’m hoping that ESO will inspire WoW to look into adding some reptilian races (Saurok and Sethrak) and a catman race (Saberon) since ESO has both of those.

I was thinking I may at some point give ESO a try for fun, as well as checking out how the Khajiit are to see if I can get some Saberon idea inspiration. I’ve linked some Khajiit stuff before, but I think it is worth another look to see what all they are like with culture, lore, aesthetics, customization options, and such. Certainly, there are differences between them and Saberon, but it is still something worth checking out, IMO. :tiger:

At present, the only things I can see involving Saberon in any capacity is an old world revamp or something involving Yrel invading our world and/or a return to AU Draenor. While the chances of this idea is fairly low, we could also see them among another batch of allied races in an expansion. It could be something brief that leads to them joining a faction, similar to how the Mag’har Orc unlock scenario had us randomly going back to AU Draenor and then leaving it promptly.

You never know what could be in the cards going forward, but hopefully it’ll involve playable Saberon someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Been sharing this in a few megathreads, but a recent announcement happened where we’ll be seeing some cross-faction gameplay of some features of WoW in the near future:

I feel like this could open the door for more cross-faction stuff in the future, but the interesting thing is that this has been part of a big request from players for quite awhile. It gives me a bit of hope that Blizzard is more open to player requests, and that we might see them consider implementing new races and customization options people have been wanting for quite some time.

As a result, it feel like it’s still important to support things like races you want playable. Not a guarantee we’ll see all our wishes come true, but it’s still worth supporting, in my opinion. You never know if we’ll be heard in the future.

The only thing we can do is hope and keep up the support. Maybe we’ll see Saberon on that character creation screen someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

4 Likes

Here’s hoping we’ll see them soon!

2 Likes

Also with the added benefit of horde and alliance getting to fight like real cats and dogs :grinning:

1 Like

I want saberons that are based on lions and have manes. Like this basically:

https://imgur.com/d17zHtv

3 Likes