Unnerf the pre-patch event please

I’d be okay with this.

OK then don’t have ANY pre-patch quests in main cities then.

Also “Events like this can bring new people, breathe new life into this game.
Makes it exciting even.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fun eliminated :sob:

5 Likes

If you don’t like the current event, you can just take the advice that you were giving us about the event. If you don’t like it just don’t log in. :smiley: that’s what you told us to do when we asked for an opt in.

7 Likes

Who is this ‘you’ you are referring to? I feel like you are lumping us in as one big group who all believe the same thing. I am an individual with my own opinions, and I never told anyone not to log in or to just suck it up.

1 Like

Considering that the most liked reply in the largest thread asking for an optout is said “No, Go hide in your garrison” I’m kind of inclined to agree that this was the popular opinion.

If you wanna see it yourself, top reply to this thread

It’s easy to feel scorned after that, I dont blame people for not being sympathetic after the nerf. Especially when you all are now asking for the exact same thing.

3 Likes

boo. i dont like those solutions.
i want to have fun man… its a invasion ffs.
let us spread the plague…

2 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty much what this was about. Controlling others at all costs.

No, you didn’t. You also gave some good options in your initial post.
Thing is, some are going to want what they want regardless. It’s a control thing.

I have a question. What makes anyone think it’s because of complaints that they’re nerfing the prepatch?

It was on the ptr so could it actually be nerfed because it’s too much stress on the game?

we all know this absolutely didn’t happen.

the threads are still there lol

not logging in is an option, if it’s disturbing.
not being in impacted areas is an option.
not forcing your playstyle on others, is also an option.
…especially when it comes to such a limited time event.

the point of stuff like this, is shaking things up… not “ho hum, another boring day”

a lot of players who left because there was nothing to do, had resubbed just to participate

the further zombies were able to make it out of the cities, the more chance they’d have of being cleansed/killed.

outside of a testing environment where PLAYERS WERE ASKED TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES, it’s unlikely it would travel very far.

Yep, people gotta complain about an event that happens for two weeks IF even THAT and it occurs in waves. Great.

1 Like

Assuming is silly. You don’t know what I thought of this before.

Seems like the serious RP crowd would want this because it keeps their immersion, not to be griefing.

That is possible. However, in my opinion this feels like the sort of reactionary move that more and more people have come to expect from Blizzard over the years. Perhaps such assumptions say more about the company, than they do about the players.

2 Likes

I read where it’s either the prepatch or SL’s that’s going to begin mid-October.

Do you know when the prepatch is set to begin?

• Oct. 26 is SLs so I’m assuming prepatch will be sometime around Oct. 1st.

Shadowlands drops the 26th of Oct. My best guess for when the prepatch would be at the beginning of Oct? Though if it truly is going to be nerfed in live I can’t see them getting away with a month of it. Some one else said there’s going to be dailies, plus there’s going to be a currency you can collect to trade in for different colored mog armor from previous armors in BFA.

Found a thread about the mog gear…

2 Likes

It depends on what you mean by serious.

As a general rule of thumb, the more “Serious” you are about RP, the more you avoid major cities and only rp in guilds of likeminded people. Meanwhile the more casual RPers generally RP in cities more because of the easy walk up nature of it.

There are exceptions of course. I generally avoid walk up RP in cities cause I get anxious around people I dont know that well but as a bit of a general rule of thumb this will affect more casual Rpers than anything.

Edit: Misread your post but I’m keeping it >_> As for who it affects just flip flop it. “Serious” RPers would be fine with the event cause they generally dont touch cities anyway.

That explains why they’ve backtracked on heirlooms, I guess?

(Sarcasm tag.)

Look, I will be honest with you. I am not that active on the forums, so I was not involved in any drama or debate that occurred before today. Truth be told, this is probably the most active I have been on any thread. The reason for this is because I found this news out today, and thought it was genuinely upsetting.

Again, I am genuinely sorry that you and other people got flamed for the egregious crime of having an opinion, but at the end of the day I don’t think that the entirety of this event should be ruined for those who were looking forward to it, just because some people are jerks.

1 Like

Tbh, Part of me agrees. There are people who will be affected by this who weren’t dickheads and that sucks.

But after all that happened, I don’t really have a will to fight for the other side. Especially when the solution they’re proposing was shot down so harshly.

5 Likes