Unlocking old pvp legion skins

Can you still do this? I can’t find out how to get the crest of carnage (third skin) for my old legion artifact. I really like it; does anyone know if you still can get this? If so, do you have to be a certain prestige level or something now?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah you can get all but the mage tower, unless you already Got mage tower and are after reskins.

Yeah I was after the mage tower color variants. Do I really have to wear the legion artifacts though?

I seem to recall the “crest of carnage” being something you were supposed to work for when the Honor system was still Prestige, but that never happened and you just auto got the reward when reaching the required level.

If you want the mage tower tint that requires 10 RBG wins, good luck. It’s also going to be hard to find a group to kill Kil’jaeden, because nobody wants to kill him (no desirable loot), and group leaders lie and then drop group.

Just want the one that requires all dungeons (or ten, now, I guess?) Defeated. It says with artifacts equipped, I think…not sure. Was wondering specifically if they need to be equipped or just in bags, etc.

I think you just need the appearance don’t you? Transmog the mage tower appearance onto your weapon and solo some dungeons.

That would be EPIC if that were the case; can anyone either confirm or deny this man’s statement?

See the Wowhead guide on unlocking challenge appearances:

https://www.wowhead.com/unlocking-artifact-appearances-guide#challenge-appearance

I know, I read this:

Acquisition : Clear all Legion dungeons (difficulty does not matter) on any spec with any artifact weapon related to the class you earned the challenge tint on.

If this is correct, that weapon is going to be weak, and this won’t be as easy as I had hoped.

A lot of reddit comments say you don’t need it equipped. Normal dungeons will be a breeze regardless of what weapon you have though.

You only need to change your artifact weapon’s appearance, and then follow the criteria to unlock the skin. However, you do not need to use the weapon itself nor be in the respective specialization to get credit.

Perfect, thank you! I’m gonna do this today!!