Unlocking Nightborne

I’m returning after a few years away and wanted to level a Nightborne. I checked around for a guide, got myself to Suramar and started doing quests for First Arcanist Thalyssra. After 4-5 hours of questing just for her and 3+ levels gained I’m still not seeing the first quest for the Insurrection achievement “Lockdown”.

She’s still giving me quests but I want to make sure I’m not missing anything else. I tried following my current quest chain on wowdb but it just ends after a handful more quests. Anyone know approximately when I’ll start seeing those quests? Maybe what chapter they appear in? Thanks!

1 Like

In order to unlock the Insurrection quest chain, you first need to complete the Good Suramaritan achievement. (Which requires pretty much all the quesst in the Suramar zone.)

So, just keep at it. And be aware that you’ll need to do most of the zone’s side quests as well. You’ll also need to do the Leyline Bling achievement as that’s required to progress later parts of Good Suramaritan. So, that’s another achievement to keep track of.

Basically, Nightborne is one of the more involved allied races to unlock. (The Zandalar and Kul Tiran have a similar amount of questing, as you need the achievements for each leveling zone and a large chunk of the war campaign.)

Another thing to be aware of is that you will need to unlock world quests in Legion as well, as one of the Insurrection quests requires you to do some. So, if you haven’t unlocked world quests on a character on your account, you’ll need to do enough questing in each zone to get to friendly with the factions. Make sure you do that before the rep buff ends at the end of the month. (With the buff, you shouldn’t have to do much questing in each zone for the rep.)

1 Like

Yeah even without the rep grind the general questline to unlock nightborne will still take a bit of time, especially since some of the quests involve using the mission table in the class orderhall. There’s still a bit of grinding involved but nowhere near as bad as it used to be with the rep gone.

Thanks for the replies! Since it seems like it will take me literally 10 times longer to unlock the Nightborne than it will take to level that character from 10-50 it’s just not worth it - even without the rep grind. It’s disappointing as it kinda makes me not want to play at all now… :frowning:

5 Likes

Considering it’s pretty easy content to do even at 50 I’d say at the very least just do it on the side while you’re doing other stuff. A friend of mine told me she’s been doing all the stuff on the side on her main while doing other things. Just a suggestion anywho.

Hi all,

I am having trouble with the Lockdown Ach that is required for this unlock. I can’t seem to get any bosses to spawn except the basic ones that come from the original Violet Hold Quest. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

It’s a different Lockdown.

For Nightborne, you need to complete the Lockdown critera of the Insurrection story. (Which requires completing the Good Suramaritain achievement to start.) Here’s a guide with all the Suramar stuff:

https://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide

There’s an old achievement from Wrath that also has the name “Lockdown.” It’s not part of the Nightborne unlock. (If you are trying to do the Wrath achievement, keep in mind that which bosses you get are RNG. Also, as it requires heroic, you there is a daily lockout.)

1 Like

there really needs to be some change to this, seeing as mechagnomes is quite literally only the introduction and the dungeon, which is now skipable in the next .5 patch

As a returning player, who had taken a long break since WoD, and I didn’t return to the game until now (Shadowlands), I can assure you, unlocking the Nightborne is a little bit longer than just obtaining:

You’ll need to do the following:
This will unlock the World Quests (because part of Insurrection is to complete 10 World Quests). Good news about “Uniting the Isles” is only one character, out of the entire account, being Alliance or Horde is irrelevant, has to get the factions to Friendly. When you bring a new toon to do it, it’ll be a simple pick up and turn in. If none of your characters have done the Friendly portion, you’ll have to plow through it. But, it is nice that it’s an account wide ordeal, and it’s NOT Faction restricted. Only one toon, matters, and it counts for the entire account.

This will come naturally, as one of the Quests required will give this to you.

This will unlock the quests required for “Insurrection”

Followed by “Insurrection”.

Follow every quest listed here (and, it IS A LOT of quests!):

I spent a good 13+ hours, in one day, following these guidelines, to a T, in order to unlock the Nightborne. It was tedious, but at least I got it all done :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy hunting!

EDIT: You will NOT need to do this quest: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=45317/fighting-on-all-fronts1
You’ll see it listed, under the “Comprehensive Suramar Guide”, but it is NOT required.

idk if your still trying but i feel you dont give up. i took the suramar plunge to unlock nightborne … i did quest after quest and when i got the Good Sumaratin achv i went to Org lmao … come to find out i was no where close … i still want nightborne so im going to suramar city to farm ancient mana. GL!

1 Like