Unlocking Flying in Battle for Azeroth: Part 1

WOW is still most populated mmorpg on the market with ff14 being close second. Some ppl think that ff14 will surpass wow after they launch nex expac.

2 Likes

Patchfinder is costing Blizzard millions of dollars of lost revenue each year they go through with this.

5 Likes

But pretty muich at the players speed, not waiting for some artificial time gate.

Can we please just go back to buying it with gold? Or maybe a middle ground of Pathfinder part 1 being available at the start of an expansion, so you can fly as soon as you complete it?

Iā€™ve spent this entire expansion just straight up not playing because Iā€™ve been waiting for flying.

3 Likes

I finished part 1 yesterday! Wooo!

I took like 5 months off so I know Iā€™m late to the party.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused about the requirements. It says that 5 achievements are necessary:

Battle for Azeroth Explorer
Azerothian Diplomat
Wide World of Quests
Storyline: Loremaster of Kul Tiras (Alliance) & Zandalar Forever! (Horde)
Ready for War

But the description in the post also lists the Tides of Vengeance achievement, which is not one of those. What are the actual requirements?

Stretching the subscription retention as far as possible.

I personally think buying with gold is a bad idea nowadays with the gold inflation created from WOD and Legion. there is no challenge. no real effort to get it and that is wrong too.

I am ok with a pathfinder idea explore all the zones, do all the main quests from a place hell even do some rep grinds if you want because you LOVE that crap, and then as a reward for looking at all the content you get your wings.

but what I am NOT ok with is this idea that they have to hold it because flight trivializes everything. WHAT IS THERE TO TRIVIALIZE I ASK YOU DEVS? Your precious dalies? what is so bad about just swooping in and do it? we saw all your content did all your quests and farm your reps what is there that you need to ground us? PVP? letā€™s be honest here your world PVP has been dead since vanilla, when you made battlegrounds and then arenas and then rated BGS you killed the world pvp. so again what is your need to ground people that have done everything that is to be done in the expansion? and hold it for a full year?

this is my beef with the whole flight thing. the fact that I am not against the idea of earning the wings with some long quest but the fact after we do the quest you still have to lock us done until you think we arend it?

And you ask why the subs are so in the gutter now. Not because of flight but for a lot of dumb decisions like the gate locking flight, Free high end level loot, dumb ideas like a neck no one likes at all, infinite grinds to make people stay playing instead of actually making actual content at the start not 2 years after everyone has finally had enough and its cutting the wow sub and running to other games like I did.

I loved wow it was my life but this last expansion just broke me. too many mistakes to much greedy GIVE US MONEY MOVES (2 mounts back to back on the store in less than 3 months)and too much lazy development. I had enough.

1 Like

shrug

Some people think itā€™s grindy or boring and donā€™t like the minigames at all. Some people would literally complain about 5 minute dailies in WoW, or heck, the Beast Tribe dailies in XIV even though they take a whopping 5 minutes per day.

But yet theyā€™re perfectly fine waiting in 15+ minute queues for dungeons every day twiddling their thumbs.

So Blizzard has gone from:

• Making a game that is fun to play!

To spending their time making:

• Ways to keep people from having the stuff thatā€™s fun to play!

Great job guys. Bang up job.

2 Likes

A blue posted about Pathfinder! Get him!!

Patchfinder was never a compromise. The anniversary for the no flying ever announcement is coming soon.

2 Likes

Blizz needs to rearrange pathfinder. Pathfinder should be made to flying in new zones not time gating it half way through the expansion or longer as was the case in BFA. NO reason for us to pay for this crime simply because HoA failed Beta for Azeroth.

FF has been boasting 14m players. WoW hasnā€™t boasted about numbers in years.

2 Likes

The people who this usually sneaks up on are the people who left the expansion out of sheer boredom or didnā€™t want to play until flying was available. We saw the exact same thing and Warlords of Draenor and Legion. Someone might want to tell Ion, if heā€™s at all concerned about sub numbers.

1 Like

It sneaks up on people because there is no longer communication about why flying is gated for 10+ months.

Here is an ideaā€¦stop gating flying to the second patch and do it to the first patch as originally intended in WoD.

5 Likes

https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/8645293/world-of-warcraft-no-flying-tanaan-jungle-warlords-of-draenor-mmo-pc-blizzard

May, 22, 2015. Which was a Friday and the Memorial Day weekend and the article came out late in the afternoon.

August 14, 2018 Battle for Azeroth Launch Date.

8.2 Just started on the Public Test Realm in April. If it lasts the average amount of time that puts the patch on Live in mid July. Depending on how the ā€œrotating eventsā€, ā€œevolving WQ storyā€, and reputation chains work you could easily be looking at a full 12 months with no flying.

Yup that weekend I was packing my gear and preparing for my field work with my peers.

I return to the forums a few weeks later and the forums are on fire about the no flying ever announcement lol.