Unlocked a portal, but clicking it does nothing

This character has just completed the quest “Through the Portal” (quest ID 31110), out on Shan’ze Dao island. And the portal has appeared, linking – in theory – this island with the Shado-Pan Garrison for easier travel.

I can see the portal in front of me. Mousing over it gives me a tooltip that it goes where I want to go. This is all very promising and hopeful… but clicking it does nothing. I don’t get any errors, but I simply don’t go anywhere either. And if I fly back the long way to the Garrison, I can see the newly opened portal on that end, but clicking it there does nothing either.

Nothing like this is mentioned on the quest’s wowhead page. The problems reported there are unlocking the quest in the first place, but this toon was already Revered with the Golden Lotus and Friendly with the Shado-Pan factions.

5 Likes

There seems to be an issue with that portal. I just tried to use it for the dailies and it isn’t working for me either.

It would be best to do a bug report on this.

1 Like

Posted in the bug report forums. Not holding out a lot of hope.

If they can verify there’s a problem and reproduce it, they’ll send it up to QA for a fix. But it’ll happen on their timetable, not yours-- just keep that in mind. As portals are a pretty vital way of life and, in some cases, the only way to get somewhere, I’d imagine if there’s a verified bug, it’ll be pretty high on the to-do list.

Thank you, yes, I know how it works. I’ve been subbed since vanilla, I don’t need the condescension. I have lost count of the number of bugs my account has submitted on this forum, in the game, and on the PTR.

I also know that changes that negatively affect old content tend to stay broken, because the visibility and impact of old content on world-first raiding, e-sports pvp, and mobile gaming – i.e., the topics that bring in outside advertising – is minimal.

1 Like

Still not working for me either.

1 Like

still not working

Still not working for me either.

It is also not working for me.

Blizzard! Please fix this!

1 Like

as of 9/28/2020 this is still a bug and does not work for me.