Unlock Horde as Alliance?

Been searching online for a couple days? Different sites different guides different routes different quest. Is it possible to unlock horde races as an alliance character and do you need any specific quest done. I am level 60 brewmasters I just want to unlock the new orc and high mountain but running into walls trying to figure out where to go and what quest I need to do. Last time I went to Orgrimmar I got attack plenty but made it into the embassy and no quest were waiting for me. Do I have to be a Horde character?

I do believe you need a 50 plus Horde to get the quests.
Not sure if you can use a Evoker to do the quests. They start above 50.
Good luck.

Before the recent patch, you needed to meet some pre-requisites before you got access to an allied races unlock quests. Those pre-reqs could in some cases be done on the opposite faction. That’s probably where you’re seeing some confusing information. As those are no longer required, the only remaining stuff (the actual unlock quests) require a character on the same faction as the allied race — and always have.

I believe that the patch also lowered the level requirement to get those quests to 40.