Unjust ban No appeal answer

One of my accounts was banned on 12/4/2023, the reason given was, “Offense: Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks)”

I submitted an appeal and after a day i’ve received no answer. This has been a very frustrating experience as I have not had any issues with any blizzard product since the days when you could call customer service. My biggest issue is that it is very clear too me this was not reviewed by a real human, or at least one that paid much attention.

To explain how I know this. I have two world of Warcraft accounts and have had both open concurrently since I resubbed in November in anticipation for SOD. So the number one question I have is how was this detected? because if it was warden both accounts should be flagged because the were both operating at the same time on the same pc. This leads me to believe it was a mass report issue. So I did kill a bunch of boars in Elwyn forest to level alts so they could start accumulating more rested xp. To my knowledge alt tabbing to a second screen while drinking on the other account isn’t against TOS. The only other thing that has been done on the banned account is scanning the auction house with auctioneer to buy items posted below vendor price.

I am quite unnerved by this, mostly because without understanding of why this ban occurred I have no clue how to remedy to make sure it doesn’t happen again. The last time I had any account issues were still in the days when you actually had to call support.

1 Like

Nothing can be done here about it, we are not even allowed to discuss the circumstances of a suspension or ban, Just to tell people to appeal and wait for a response.

Mass reports just get you a squelch, to be a suspended, a GM has to do that.

9 Likes

It’s sounds like a ton of unjust bans happen that day, I was one of them also and am in the same boat as your run 2 accounts every time I play and only had one ban. It would be great if blizzard would address this!!

1 Like

File an appeal.

9 Likes

To be blunt on the matter as folks got it into their head about things:

It doesn’t matter what you think the trigger is for the action. We’re unable to help, and trying to a tale about something Jimmy did an hour ago action your account would have any impact on the appeal. No one on the forums have any say or sway with the appeals team.

7 Likes

I did, I got 2 generic replies and was told they will not look into it further. Opened a 2nd ticket and it has sat for 24 hours. This account is probably 15 years old and I have never had a single suspension. Never used any sort of bot or hack of any sort.

1 Like

Then it’s over, kvetching here will serve no purpose.

Doesn’t matter. We are not allowed to discuss the hows and whys of a account action.

5 Likes

Someone from customer support commented on someone’s ban and reviewed their logs just a week ago…. They can do a lot more than they are doing.

1 Like

Are you talking about this?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/false-ban-mass-reported-in-sod/1733437/8

3 Likes

No it was a different one.

Got a link?

I’ll see if I can find it.

Your right alot of bans have been handedout in the last wave. However it could take alot longer then 24hrs depending on when the ticket went out we dont know the full # of bans you will just have to be patient.

Just to clarify this is blizzard post on the banwave
Blizzard

View Original

To provide more transparency on the actions we take against cheating and exploitation, here is an accounting of the number of actions that were taken over the last month, November 2023:

Total Exploitative WoW Account Actions in November 2023: 197455

All of these actions were for cheating or exploitation, which primarily result in permanent bans or 6-month suspensions. This number does not include other actions such as those taken on accounts with character name or in-game language violations. We continue to evolve our methods and act against these malicious accounts on a daily basis.

3 Likes

No, the only ‘logs’ they only talk about is chat logs. Anything else, like the one you’ve gotten, isn’t what they do. More so when it deals with systems and how X was found as it could easily tip off folks looking for ways to get around it.

8 Likes

yeah, i just hope it gets fixed, starting to loose hope.

1 Like

Just so were clear it may seem like a automated or bot response but that is a complete lie 100% every apeal is handled by a real person who uses templates

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)

There are several threads about this. It is very unwise to go popping into them and reviving them, especially here on the most heavily moderated forum there is. There are also many threads about sanctions being overturned. You’ve got your thread up. There is no point in potentially spam bumping others to join the echo chamber. You will have to wait on your appeal. Nothing will push the process along any faster.

6 Likes