Unique/non traditional male Pandaren names?

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I’m thinking of making a male Pandaren priest and was hoping for some help. I’ve read that Pandaren names are typically based off of Chinese naming conventions but wanted to ask if anyone here has named their Panda something that doesn’t abide by that logic and is still a RP friendly name with a reason behind it? I’m brainstorming and would love to hear what others have come up with!

You of course have the freedom to name your character whatever you choose. :slight_smile:

But if you are wanting to have a lore-based reason for a name… yes, Pandaria in general is highly based on Chinese culture with a few other Asian cultures mixed in. Also, unless your character was born within the last 5 years or so ICly, your character would have to have been born on either mainland Pandaria (which was inaccessible to outsiders until that time) or the Wandering Isle (which theoretically, might have dropped a Pandaren family off somewhere in a different land at an earlier point in history).

If from mainland Pandaria or Wandering Isle, logically you would have a traditional Pandaren name. You could have a nickname or abbreviated name that sounds less traditional, if you get creative.

Or, if you go with the idea of a Pandaren family from the Wandering Isle that left the Isle and settled in a different land before your character was born, it is perhaps possible they chose a non-traditional name that suited where they resettled (Kul Tiras might be a good choice as there is a large Pandaren population there with no clear timeline as to when they arrived).

3 Likes

“Jomei Bereng”

It means “Spread light Bear Spear”

Japanese and Portuguese put together ^^

1 Like