Unintended side effects of the twink XP nerf

I’ve been twinking characters for a very long time. Since at least wotlk. I get what blizzard is trying to do with implementing this change, but there will be some severe downsides that occur for non twink characters.

Lets say I’m on a level 20 twink, and I queue for shadowfang keep for the millionth time to get my best in slot items. Anyone who happens to get slapped in the same group as me will receive 95% less experience for their run. So, now I’m stuck in a strange position. I am either morally obligated to not queue so I don’t negatively impact my party OR I queue anyways and get kicked from the group because they understandably want the experience from the dungeon.

The solution, in my opinion, would be to modify it slightly so that anyone who queued with the person received 95% less and the rest of the group was left alone.

It doesn’t seem fair to frequently punish random leveling characters from 10-120 just because a small demographic of 110 twinks are making gobs of gold selling carries.

Also, island expeditions have been a great gold source all expansion just for the battle pets and unique armor appearances that drop there. (looking at you, Firekin Amice) Twinks will still queue for them just because its fast, easy, and lucrative regardless of whether or not they’re being paid to carry. This will again lead to either the group kicking the person, or the person just not queuing.

Anyways, I hope this doesn’t just get overlooked in light of all the stat squish changes and such. Thanks for reading.

I mean- you’re just saying what everyone else is saying. Could’ve posted in the other threads instead of making another thread about this

This was one of my concerns as well, but according to the blue…

1 Like

Fair enough.