Unholy dk bad in 2s, why?

burst meta and theyre one of the best at that? why is frost so much better?

1 Like

Frost can have a lot of burst too, plus they bring an AoE snare, AoE root with Frostwyrm’s Fury Legendary, frontal multi target blind, lots of cleave dmg, and an increase to recovery rate of enemy spells through PvP talent.

1 Like

Unholy requires a lot of setup.

Frost lets it all out immediately.

That’s why.

6 Likes

how does unholy require setup, you mash 12 buttons at once frost does nothing different, unholy out dps frost

Oh, okay then so what was the point of this post then?

7 Likes

This is a joke, right?
Fester -> Fester -> Apoc -> Dark Transformation -> Abom. Limb -> now you can finally start doing damage

Meanwhile, Frost gets immediate value out of:
Abom. Limb -> Remorseless Winter -> Chill Streak

Frost both benefits from, and brings more to cleave comps, which is where it is seeing success. Unholy doesn’t especially fit into any comp at this point. It’s just average at everything, but takes ages to get setup to even be average.

2 Likes

When the top UHDK says it’s pretty unplayable well then cue the tolling bells.

1 Like

Frost overshadows Unholy in PvP due to the following:

• Frost provides better cleave than Unholy in a PvP environment.
  • Frost provides more CC than Unholy.
  • It takes a lot less GCDs to reach peak damage with Frost than Unholy in PvP.
  • Despite the reliance of Chill Streak, Unholy’s damage is easier to shut down due to pets are made out of rice paper. Timmy, Gary, Buttons, all of them.
  • Unholy is good at long, sustained fights while Frost is good at upfront damage. Right now, the latter is the meta.

Both specs have separate issues in separate content. Unholy is great in PvE while Frost is good in PvP… even though it’s good for narrowed reason.

2 Likes

unholy assault>apoc? you dont run AOTD or summon gargoyle in arenas…

Assault apoc is not the burst. Assault, blight, abom, timmy, festx2, apoc. Frost it’s all in one macro

1 Like

Should use Unholy Assault after Apocalypse and Abomination that way they get the full benefit of the haste instead of only a little. Assault only lasts 12 seconds. Apocalypse is 15 seconds and you have to remove time for them to crawl out of the ground.

To answer the topic, Unholy is bad in 2s because Arms Warriors, Windwalker Monks, and Ret Paladins can do more sustained damage and burst than Unholy currently can. And 2s is loaded with those 3 melee right now especially with Holy pallies. You can’t really go toe-to-toe with those 3.

7 Likes

Isn’t that kind of applies for Frost as well?

Anyone wana duo

Yep, frost doesn’t have a ton of kill pressure outside chill streak goes and Pillar. It seems that frost needs at least 3+ chill streak goes before you can land a kill in 2s, whereas those 3 dps can land a kill even in the first go if someone plays poorly.

When I was playing, I seemed to have more success with just kiting and only going when Chill Streak, Pillar, and Absolute Zero were up. But I was also playing with a ret pally in 2s lol. So my time was mostly spent LoS’ing and/or dying while the ret globalled someone.

3 Likes

if necrotic strike was main line UHDK would be back on top. But its garbage in its current state

Small correction because I made the same mistake, Blizzards wording is poor and absolute zero DOES make Frostwyrm’s stun, not root

You know, i haven’t thought about this in a while but i’m still super annoyed that the animation for the ghoul summons actively wastes my uptime

I mean DK as a whole isn’t very good in 2s compared to Ret, War, or WW. DK biggest problems is even as Frost and being solid A tier the other melee are solid S tier so even if you are good it’s likely going to be a struggle to find people that want to work harder for wins. Unless you are a famous DK that people want to play with or has connections to outstanding players. And Unholy just doesn’t have the instant pressure needed with the meta, necro strike needs a better buff and once that happens we can shine again, maybe 10% instead of 6%? That’s just my opinion defiantly could be wrong but just how I perceive it

i’ve uh, been playing the wrong format. i suppose lol. made it to 1300 before getting deranked down the toilet.

Buttons? Which one’s that?