Unhappy with the upcoming Balance changes

All I see is longer ramp time and no solution to our already absurdly long ramp time.

Raiding and 20+ keys aren’t the only content in the game! It feels bad to not be able to do damage because melee did all their damage in 3 globals and I just barely got my dots up.

And stop pushing pets on me! I’ve played a warlock for over 15 years, I don’t want more pets :frowning:

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but how is one less dot to cast, direct damage increase, and improved astral power generation worse than before?

3 Likes

You now have to get into Solar Eclipse for single target damage, which requires casting two really long cast Starfires. Overall, whether single target or AoE, Balance ramp time is insanely long and frustrating.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m trying to figure that one out as well.

Literally 4 buffs, even some to AP generation, and it’s longer ramp time?

Like even if it’s going into solar eclipse for wrath damage, I’d gladly cast 1.2s more of starfires per cycle, than wrath for more EFFECTIVE DPS.

I’m sure they took some of that into consideration with their numbers tuning and you’re not really missing out on damage, and maybe even coming ahead, with the changes.

Even if you have to spend the extra 2 seconds to get into Eclipse.

It’s 100% a DPS buff.

2 Likes

It sort of depends. If things live long enough, and you don’t have to move, it’s definitely a buff. Not a large buff, but a buff nonetheless. If you can’t get both casts off quickly and bosses aren’t living really long, I’m not clear it’s a noticeable difference, however.

The real issue remains for Balance, which is that the ramp up is just ridiculously long, and Blizz has no interest in reducing it.

1 Like

The current M+ build (from Dreamgrove) doesn’t take WoE, which seems like it’d be a real nice-to-have in M+ now, especially that it’ll help smooth out getting into Solar on ST (and gives some extra movement). Does anyone know if you wanted to be ever-so-slightly suboptimal, which talent point you’d snipe to get it (for M+)?

Possible points to shave (choose one):

• remove Orbit Breaker
  • Bring Waning Twilight to 1/2 (4% loss)
  • remove BoAT
  • remove Incarn (this is really just 10% extra crit during CA in this build)
  • remove Radiant Moonlight (50% FoE damage + -20s CD)
  • remove Rattle
  • remove Twin Moons (yuck)

Are any one of these in M+ worth gaining WoE? I tried to order them where the earlier ones seem the least painful, but I’m curious what more skilled Boomkins think. What is the most effective way to get WoE in an M+ build now?

I’m actually extremely happy I don’t have to cast another stupid dot with a cast time and maintain.

I’ll take this over last patch.

It’s tough right now being a ranger class , try being a shadow priest you literally have to cast everything even their offensive cds

Druids got Ramp for days in every spec. 2004 called, it wants its class design back.

3 Likes