Unhappy with support received

There has been a rework to the way players receive assistance from Blizzard. The method used to be submitting tickets in game and then you are messaged a fix/response. IDK how tht got too complex that Wow has decided to say “if u want to submit a bug you cant… just find it in this listwe already have had reported” because FINDING A BUG is not possible apparently. GUESS WHAT THE BUG I FOUND WASNT ON THE LIST but there is no where to report it. Can we get an interface where we can submit tickets again instead of directing us to a forum. Forums can tell me how to format my page or why I’m crashing, but they don’t fix technical glitches like spells going on CD but not activating… WHERE DO I REPORT THT? this forum based Customer support basically tells me if I have a technical glitch just play a new game and check back monthly to see if its fixed

Bug reports go to bug forums GMS never fixed bug or circumvented them unless directed by the developers. On the ticket issue Not everything can be handled by a GM. Thats why they try to narrow it down to categories they can help with if u cant find a category that fits its usualy something a GM cant fix.

5 Likes

How to submit a bug in game:

1. open the game menu
  2. click support
  3. click “Submit Feedback or bug report”
  4. click “Submit a bug” and fill out the text field with the bug

I’d suggest self censoring your post before it gets censored for you or deleted.

13 Likes

The method never used to be like that, just to clarify for you. Game Masters have never been involved with bugs unless developer policy introduced a workaround until they patched in the fix.

Reporting them now has been the same as it has been for the past decade-- via the Bug Report forum as Darth mentioned, or in-game via the Support (previously Help) menu.

I would also recommend editing out all the profanity in your post (and title) if you’d like to keep your posting privileges here. Pronto.

12 Likes

Like others have said Gm’s do not fix bugs! Even if you submit a ticket for something they can help they will not message you directly in game unless they need more information. Other wise you will get a message back advising the outcome of your ticket.

Personal contact like they used to would just drive ticket times through the roof. So instead of waiting a couple hours or a day you could be waiting a week or more.

3 Likes

As others have already stated, the Game Master team has never fixed bugs. That job has always fallen to the Quality Assurance (QA) team and the WOW development team.

We cover the things Game Master can help with in our thread - Spotlight on: Game Master Help (currently stickied at the top of this forum)

We also updated the in-game support menu just before the launch of Shadowlands. You can submit bug reports, or provide feedback/suggestions through the in-game support menu just as you could before this update. You’ll use the icon that is labeled “Submit feedback or bug report”:

(The image is of a rather large bug, to help with that visual cue)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/news/23572631/

In regards to your original post, I’ve edited both the title and the body of your message. I would recommend taking a moment to review the forum code of conduct and avoid using inappropriate language (or masking such language to bypass filters). Frustration is understandable, but you are still required to adhere to the rules.

https://battle.net/support/article/256989

9 Likes

Since you can’t submit a ticket anymore, I did submit a bug.
I have not been able to use the auction house for 2 days now.

I get in response,
“Your reports help us to resolve issues with the game. You won’t receive a response, but rest assured we will review your report”

That is a big help when I can’t use a game function. No help with figuring out a solution to fix my issue. I think that was one point he was trying to make.

You also go back and change his post, Title and body as you have stated. So who knows what he actually said. Things like this, no wander this country is going down hill fast.

To be clear, you cannot submit tickets about bugs because Game Masters do not work on the game. So, bug reports are submitted to the QA team who works to identify the cause of problems so they can be fixed.

Bugs don’t tend to affect individual characters. They’re problems with the game and tend to affect multiple characters. So it doesn’t sound like what you’re experiencing is a bug but it’s difficult to say because you’ve not provided much information here.

Posts that violate the forum code of conduct are subject to be changed or removed. I understand if someone is frustrated, but frustration is not a green light to break the rules when posting.

Now, if you’d like - you can create your own thread to discuss the problem you’re encountering with the auction house. I’d encourage you to provide more details though.

I see no value in keeping this topic open further.

9 Likes