Understanding the Dreamsurge

I’m trying to understand the Dreamsurge. I think I have some of the puzzle but not all of it.

I found the DreamSerge area, found the Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem and took his two quests. On the map I moved over the area and world quests lit up. I did three of them and got:

3/3 World Quests in the Dreamsurge completed
Rare elite empowered by the Dreamsurge slain
Walking Dream portal closed
0/1 Contribute Dreamsurge Coalescence toward and effect.

The first one seems easy, you do three quest and get the 3/3
The second, somewhere there must be a rare elite
The third, somewhere there must be a portal
The 4th, I have no idea what that means.

So a Dreamsurge started and I looked on the map and saw a flame half way across the zone. I went there, shot at stuff along with everyone else and got a lot of loot. Then I had:

3/3 World Quests in the Dreamsurge completed
Rare elite empowered by the Dreamsurge slain
Walking Dream portal closed
1/1 Contribute Dreamsurge Coalescence toward and effect.

I also got an Achievement. I have no idea what I did to get that 1/1 for the fourth line but I got it. I also seem to have earned a “?” for one of the first of the Archdruid’s quests.

I went back to the Archdruid and I was able to trade a green dot from my inventory for a higher level cape “back”. So far so good.

Then I waited for the next dreamsurge. It was in the same place. I went and shot stuff along with other people. But before I was getting 80/100 something, 81/100 something the number was growing and finally got to 100/100. That’s when I got the achievement. This time that wasn’t happening. I was getting stuff but no green dot to trade in.

So what do you do next and how do you find the rare elite and the Walking Dream Portal?

That particular quest is a one-shot per character. On subsequent weeks, Runetotem will offer a much simpler quest to just accumulate 100 Dreamsurge currency by any available method.

The rare elite is any zone boss in the Dreamsurge zone. Guys like the big gryphon in Waking Shores. You’ll get a zonewide announcement when they spawn saying they’re empowered by the dreamsurge and there will be a map marker.

The Waking Dream portal is also obviously visible on the map. It will look like a portal made of fire.

Neither of these are essential to the normal weekly quests for 100 currency, although they’re pretty good sources. (30-40 for the portal fight, 20ish for each rare elite killed, 10 for each WQ in the zone, and a few zone pickups like flying through glowing green balls of dreamsurge stuff (2-5) or looting dreamsurge plants (10ish?).

Ok that makes sense and helps a lot. Thanks :slight_smile: