Underperforming BM hunters El oh el

View Original

Blizzard

Classes

Druid

• Guardian
    • (4) Set Bonus: Architect’s Aligner damage and healing reduced by 35%.

• Developer note: The performance of Architect’s Aligner has become an outlier amongst other tank tier set bonuses in both single- and multi-target situations. Due to this, with weekly maintenance we will be adjusting Architect’s Aligner to bring its performance closer to other bonuses. Thank you for the feedback and we will continue to watch the ongoing discussions across the community.

Mage

• Fire
    • (2) Set Bonus: Increases the duration of Combustion by 4 sec, up from 2 sec.

• This change does not apply to PvP combat.
    • Fireball damage increased by 20%.

• Fire Blast damage increased by 10%.

• Pyroblast damage increased by 6%.

Monk

• Windwalker
    • Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 10%.

• Blackout Kick damage increased by 10%.

• Tiger Palm damage increased by 10%.

• Fist of the White Tiger damage increased by 10%.

• Developer note: While Windwalker Monks shine in multitarget situations, we’re seeing their performance fall behind in single target scenarios, even after acquiring endgame gear. As a result, we’re targeting specific abilities with the goal of improving their single target output.

Paladin

• Retribution
    • (2) Set Bonus: When you benefit from Art of War, you gain Seraphim for 4 sec, up from 3 sec

• Divine Storm damage increased by 10%.

• Wake of Ashes damage increased by 10%.

Rogue

• Assassination
    • Fan of Knives damage increased by 30%.

Warlock

• Demonology
    • Demonic Consumption’s now causes your Demon Commander to drain 12% of the life from your other demons (was 15%).

PvP

• Items
    • Cosmic Gladiator’s Eternal Aegis
      • The value of the Magic shield provided by Cosmic Gladiator’s Eternal Aegis has been reduced by 33%.

• Developer note: We’ve been monitoring the performance of our newly introduced PvP trinkets during Season 3 and their effect on the length of matches, and have decided to adjust the effectiveness of the Cosmic Gladiator’s Eternal Aegis to bring it in line with other defensive trinket options. With weekly maintenance we’ll be reducing the Magic absorption provided by the trinket by 33%.

Druid

• Guardian
    • (4) Set Bonus: Architect’s Aligner damage and healing reduced by 25% in PvP combat (was 50%).

Priest

• Holy
    • Holy Ward’s (PvP Talent) cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds) and duration decreased to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).

• (4) Set Bonus: Divine Conversation’s effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.

• Developer note: We have been monitoring Holy Priest performance in rated PvP and will be adjusting the cooldown and duration of Holy Ward to increase interactivity with the talent while providing more counterplay opportunity for opponents. We will also be reducing the effectiveness of Divine Conversation while in PvP combat, as the throughput increase provided by the set bonus is more substantial than we would like. With weekly maintenance, we will be increasing Holy Ward’s cooldown to 45 seconds and decreasing its duration to 15 seconds and we will also be reducing the effectiveness of Divine Conversation by 40% in PvP Combat.

In regards to M+ gamers. Bet it feels bad for the BM hunters still. Sorry friends

4 Likes

Reroll Survival?

2 Likes

They have Survival and MM, both of which are insanely good in M+ right now.

The only Hunters complaining are the one-tricks whose opinions don’t matter in the first place. See: Ragemode.

4 Likes

Look man every class isn’t going to be an S class every tier, gotta learn to live with it. It be like that sometimes, If you want an S class toon re roll.

“Hey, we know you were a ranged class for 17 years, but we’d rather you be melee this entire tier. KTHX!” - Blizz

2 Likes

The difference between S tier and F tier shouldn’t be 20%.

That’s just poor design.

7 Likes

We’re used to it by now.

1 Like

Continuing to ignore MM existing I see.

1 Like

Yeah, we should go back to before legion, when the gap between S and F tier was often 100%.

1 Like

20% isnt so bad compared to some expansions.

BM is hardly even an F-tier spec. It actually has a legitimate niche and is used for single-target fights like Halondrus and Skolex. Halondrus in particular is an extremely relevant boss.

There aren’t any F-tier specs, and there haven’t been F-tier specs since 9.0.5.

Yeah, If we look at the current tier of TBC classic, not only is BM hunter the top dog, but it’s doing almost 70% more damage than sub rogue, or 145% of a gladiator stance warrior.

1 Like

Skolex? Bottom 3
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS&boss=2542&sample=7

Halondrus? Bottom 4
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS&boss=2529&sample=7

Pretty compelling!!! Def the ultimate ST spec lol.

2 Likes

That’s survival. BM is top 10 on that one.

Also survival. BM still on the low end of middle of the pack.

1 Like

Noted. MB.

Does #10 scream “ST Expert”?

1 Like

Nobody ever implied it was the “ultimate.” It’s just the de-facto best single-target spec among the three specs.

Also, in the EXACT LINKS you posted, BM is above six other specs (and better than the other two) on Skolex and above TEN specs (and Marksmanship, which isn’t used on the fight) on Halondrus.

Who was it at Blizzard who said “bring the player, not the class”? Id add to that, bring the player not the spec.

I hate Survival. If I wanted to play melee, Id play melee. I have been playing a hunter for 13 years and only ever played Survival when it was good fun for pvp. Now I am effectively a 2-spec player.

I am happy for those who like Survival, I just dont happen to be one of them. And is it so very unnatural of me to want all specs of a class to be equally useful?

3 Likes

Survival was dead to me right when they made it melee.

6 Likes

BM very much has it’s niche. All specs of hunter do. Survival is sustained big AOE. MM is 2-5 target burst cleave. BM is complete freedom of movement on a ranged spec. There are some fights this tier (IE: Halondrus mythic) where the not loosing damage to movement aspect of BM is more valuable than theoretically slightly higher damage.

1 Like

That used to be the case with Barrage, before they reduced its ability to hit a large number of targets. I can well remember doing huge damage with Barrage. Now its hardly worth the effort, especially given the need to be careful because of its range. If they opened it back up again I reckon we’d do as much damage as Survival.