Underlight Angler Question

I got this back in 2020, I started playing again and want to get it on my new guy on the same account. The guides say I have to get the achievement again on the character I want it on. How do I get the achievement as its already listed as complete? If its complete, can I just fish for the pearl that leads me to Kadghar?

You have to do what the achievement originally required on any character to get it. So catching all of the special Legion zone fish.

Just follow the guide on wowhead:

(note the guide is a bit outdated as fishing skill points got split by expansion, you need to max out Legion fishing only now)

1 Like

Thank you for linking that for them. I’m on mobile right now and it doesn’t cooperate on a good day.

yep max out legion fishing, do the achievement to catch all the special fish, get pearl, kill the big baddie , get pole, :slight_smile: i have several , was cool for alts but alotta work lol,

Its been broken/bugged for a while. I don’t know if its been fixed but last I checked you couldn’t level it anymore.
Its a trophy now it isnt really that usable

Update for the team — good news!

I originally earned the Underlight Angler achievement on another character. The guides (and a few people in this thread) said you had to redo everything — including recatching all the special fish — on each alt. But it looks like that’s changed.

While I was out fishing for baits to catch the special fish again, I got the Luminous Pearl. That triggered the quest line: Khadgar, then the fountain, and now I’m with Nat Pagle about to get the pole on my alt!

So, it seems the achievement really is account-wide now. You don’t need to recatch all the fish or redo the whole process for every character.

You just need to fish pools for the pearl again if you already have the achievement now.
-Confirmed myself by chance :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes