Under-representation of left-handed people in game

Blizzard, let me first applaud you for adding diversity to the game in terms of skin tones, hair styles, facial features, and sexual orientation of lore characters. The feedback from the community sounds like players have an even deeper personal connection to their characters now.

Props to you for also having the bravery and unwavering moral compass to introduce an openly gay major lore character in the Shadowlands Alpha. You will surely add that to all localizations of Shadowlands (including the Chinese localization), right?

However, for all of your progress, there’s still a glaring under-representation of a minority demographic who have dutifully played your games for several years – left-handed people.

Is it really too much to ask for us to be able to have our personal in-game avatar use their left hand as their dominant hand? You claim to want the player to feel a personal connection to their character, but how can I do that when my character is holding a shield in his left hand while attacking with his right?

Left-handed people deserve representation, too. Make it happen.

15 Likes

No they don’t.

11 Likes

one of the reasons i love male orcs so much is cuz they cast left handed. however, i’m very used to being forced to be “right handed” if i’m using a shield. you might not think it’s important but it is to some of us. though it doesn’t surprise me to see you trolling this topic.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: Take a joke.

Male orcs spell cast with their left hand.

Players should have the agency for any race to cast with their left hand.

you’re probably right handed. and you guys killed my guys and now there’s about as many of us in the world as there is gays. which isn’t that many. :stuck_out_tongue: left hand path etc. >_>

2 Likes

I am mostly ambi, with right leaning. I write equally with both left and right. I was mostly left growing up, but my mother didn’t realize it and taught me everything right handed. When I played baseball, I batted from both the left and right.

1 Like

there’s a lot of stuff i was forced to learn right handed and now i just do right handed. but you don’t want to see me write or try to eat with my right hand. >_> i’m in the process of learning how to play guitar and bass right handed. definitely sucks cuz it gives me a headache. but i’m hoping it’ll stop once i get more used to it.

In the olden times lefties were forced to be righties so its period accurate.

1 Like

Oh ffs, shove off OP. Tired of all these “add this and this for inclusion” crap. It’s a game, not real life.

1 Like

Are you excluding the ambidextrous? How dare you!

No we don’t.

:sparkles:

1 Like

Excuse me? My character is left handed. Shield tanks raise their shield with their left hand. Do you know how heavy a shield is? You’re supposed to carry it with your dominant arm.

/thread

2 Likes

My god will this nonsense never end? Does every single thing in the world need to be represented in WoW?

“Hi Blizzard I demand curly and straight hair options for every hair style because the game isn’t inclusive enough.”

“I need 5,876,543 different moles I can put on my character’s body to really feel like WoW gets me.”

1 Like

6 Likes

Oh my! How oppressed left handed people are.

You sound like you spend far too much time on Tumblr.

I’m left handed and I’m here to tell you this is a stupid idea and not sure why you thought this thread would go well for you

Probably.

In regards of representation, I genuinely don’t care if my disability, race, and or gender is represented in a form of entertainment.

If the sole purpose of a character in a story is to just simply exist just to please an audience of that specific people, than whats the point of adding him/her into the main plot of a story? just because some people in Hollywood say that representation is key to success to a movie or some form of entertainment? No not really, I’m all in for a story if the character has relevancy to the plot and not serve a purpose to simply exist to please a certain amount of people.

Sure Blizzard can add left handed options but I don’t believe this is isn’t high on their priority list for customization in Shadowlands.