Undeath vs unliving

i want to get into my death knight and role play. my wife and i ussally do rp stories with our charaters. however being undead makes this diffcult, so i thought to myself check out other peoples trp and see what i find.

i have came across several different trps that state they are undead while other state they are unliving.

where they are in this state of not being excatly dead nor are they living. so im just trying to figure out what that is, and if that is accuatlly acceptable.

i really like the idea of frost spec and was wondering if undead wont work for me as a void elf maybe i can just be some type of elemental warrior that uses some type of frost magic or as a void elf tapping into the void, could i use frost in some way as a void elf ?

any help or input would be alot of help thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly this sounds like something you might want to ooc whisper those players about to get a better idea.

Best guess… it’s an attempt to explain the differences between the Death Knights state of existence and the Forsakens. Forsaken are generally accepted as undead while I could see an argument that Death Knights are in a stranger state due to being in between.

While there are some players that won’t accept it you can pretend to be a different race. I like being a Blood Elf Shaman, a combination that is, currently, impossible in game. So, I just pretend, currently my main is a Draenei and their look is partially because that set up results in a close approximation of my desired results.

That aside, you are largely limited to your imagination and when it comes to others, what they are willing to engage with. I personally don’t see any problem with what you’ve written.

1 Like

thank you, ill do that and see what they are trying to explain. thanks for the encouragement

1 Like

Never a problem.

also how do you like monk, do you play ww ?

1 Like

I enjoy monk, I main Shaman, but monks are a fun class as well.

I would say their biggest problem is how many abilities they have that need to be tracked.

I only really seem to enjoy Brewmasters, and while I’ve messed around with WW I just can’t get into the mindset of the class, so I can’t really give an opinion on them.

As a death knight RPer, it seemed to me that the difference is a matter of perspective. Some death knights fully embrace the fact that they are in fact, undead. For mine, this is something he struggles to cope with as he did not choose this, and he prefers to operate as close to ‘living’ as he personally can.

He doesn’t NEED to eat, drink, or anything else to survive. But he does anyway. I know some death knight RPers whose characters literally cannot eat anything. And some who choose to do so. Again, it’s personal preference.

For mine, as long as he maintains the little things, it helps him feel more in touch with his old mortality, its feelings, and emotions. A lot of what he does has become ritualistic in order to maintain his sense of self and who he was as much as possible. To that end, mine is also more in touch with his emotions than many others play them. He feels both positive and negative emotions, only when the Eternal Hunger strikes does he ‘turn it off’ to sate it, because if he didn’t he’d literally drive himself mad.

And yes, I play mine with friendships and relationships as well, though most of these never see his darker side.

1 Like

unliving is dead. so, there is a difference. undead is dead but animated so it’s neither completely dead or alive. there are also partially undead and just plain dead dead. it’s best described this way DULGBTQ+