Undead pets

Any idea where the book to tame undead pets is at yet?

No idea, but I’ve been able to tame what I assumed were undead pets since the intro sequence without the book. Kinda weird, really.

Edit: Must be a difference on a functional level. Some are labeled as beasts and act as much.

I just got a book to tame undead on my hunter from last boss in second dungeon…

4 Likes

Wowhead put this out.

“The Simple Tome of Bone-Binding has been found, it appears to be a drop from mobs in Maldraxxus! This tome allows Hunters to tame undead beasts.”

1 Like

PLUS, the good news is that once it is learned on one hunter, it is like the Cloud Serpent Tome, it is account wide so you don’t have to have multiple hunters (if you have them) try and get it. My Ally hunter got it from a Theatre of Pain elite in Maldraxxus yesterday, and now this hunter can tame them.

I wondered why it wasn’t in my spell book when I learned it! Account bound is fantastic. It dropped off an elite for me (quest elite as well) last night.

Got me a blue fiery undead hound.

Now…dark ranger customisation when? :upside_down_face:

Mine dropped off a random mob in the initial quest area where I got dropped in Maldraxxis after escaping the Theater of Pain.

Mine also dropped off a rando mob in theatre of pain

It’s maldraxxus.

I got it randomly while leveling. Tamed a sweet hound. My son wanted one, so I brought him to the hounds, and he couldn’t tame it. So then I began looking into it. I feel special lol.

I’d gladly give mine up so my son could have it though.

I got it from the trash in the Plaguefall Dungeon, it dropped off the trash in the boss room with the lake of slime he jumps across (Doctor Ickus)

I got it from the plague doctor boss in Plaguefall.

I imagine it’s a low% zone drop for all of Maldraxxus and the associated dungeons, likely with a higher % chance from dungeon bosses and zone rares/elites.

Mine dropped off an elite quest mob in Maldraxxus.

any mob in maldraxus, or plaguefall. i got mine by farming elites in the southwest corner. by the “front line area”