Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

I’m hoping Blizzard has changed their minds and are simply not saying anything about it. It wouldn’t be the first time, but there could be a reason for it. If everyone who is “in the know” goes in expecting the unarmored mounts to not be available, then no one would rush to 60 for the mounts. Blizzard could then remove the unarmored mounts in accordance with vanilla or leave them in indefinitely, whichever they feel is the better option.

This would solve their stated problem (I still vehemently disagree it is a problem at all) while allowing the unarmored epic mounts to exist in game without Blizzard having to say a word.

This probably just wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice to have them in.

10 Likes

Yes, and old people with responsibilities should be allowed to make their own choices about how quickly they want to level. Their reason we can’t have them really rubs me the wrong way

6 Likes

Please get this to the top of reply category

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel like the reasoning is one of the main reasons people are so put off by the decision. It’s just not consistent with their other decisions.

1 Like

Guys! They are doing an AMA on reddit the 20th. I feel that we should go there and respectfully inquire about unarmored mounts.

9 Likes

That is great idea. Might be our last shot at this before they release the game.

9 Likes

I will be there posting my opposition to the unarmored mounts.

1 Like

You do you booboo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that just out of spite?

As a product we are paying for why advocate for less vanilla content of any kind? I understand why Blizz would just not why a paying customer would.

6 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, while I find it grand that Oniana was able to achieve the Old School mount; Ancient Frostsaber. The pure white cat, which would 100% be my alliance goal if I were trekking that road again.

Many who are returning were hoping for the same chance you had, I find it interesting that you would be against them being implemented in a vanilla like state, or time frame. Though more likely that you’re opposed because you’d rather see retail preserve what you earned in 2005. Rather than let others have the same opportunity, for a lot of players this would be a pretty Classic like goal that anyone can go after.

1 Like

To be contrarian or because misery loves company.

2 Likes

We’ll have unarmored mounts. In 1 year in a in-game shop.

2 Likes

So there are going to be no unarmored mounts what-so-ever? Or only the rarer ones that were drops?

1 Like

Don’t have a real counterargument? Better attack the opposition’s character with ad hominem nonsense.

It’s not a goal that anyone can go after if it’s time limited, and it’s not true to the patch if it is unlimited. And they can avoid the awkward situation of removing them from players by simply never adding them. It’s the right call and they should stick to it, otherwise you are opening the gates for all kinds of other requests for changes.

1 Like

Thousands of posts and months later, this is still the argument? Yeesh. I was hoping for something better than: ”Making it less like Vanilla will be more authentic!”

4 Likes

Like you guys have added anything substantial to the discussion? It’s been round and round the same arguments ad nauseam.

I’m not interested in getting back into it unless you have some novel new reasoning they should be in there. If not, see you in the AMA.

1 Like

There will be no unarmored racial mounts according to their official statement Eadren. The winterspring frostsaber is most likely still available, but they haven’t specifically addressed that one. The ZG dropped mounts will likely also be available, but those are armored.

It shouldn’t be a goal that anyone can go after. Part of what made Vanilla great was that not everyone could or even should have had access to everything. That idea is what got us to where Live is today.

4 Likes

Oh really?? o.O Then explain the unarmored mounts many of us got back during the original years. We had about 5 1/2 months “limited time” before the patch update that took them out.

Perhaps you don’t remember those original days from so long ago?

Will see if something changes between now and classic launch date.

1 Like

Lol I was there for it. Try re-reading.