Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Reading comprehension is a hell of a drug. My pointing out that not all items will be in their 1.12 state was directly related to your assertion that we shouldn’t have mounts because all items would be in their 1.12 state. Which, for what it’s worth, isn’t even the official reason we were given, and is just something you’ve been advocating.

You’re just making something up to argue against at this point. I’m not arguing that the mounts should be changed because they are part of the “too powerful” itemization update, I’m arguing that not all items will be in their 1.12 state, so giving that for a reason for no unarmored mounts doesn’t follow.

Right now we’ve got an indication that they are considering the impact of having items in their 1.12 state from the beginning and adjusting itemization accordingly. Same with drop rates and drop locations.

Whether or not Blizzard ends up deciding that unarmored mounts should also be included in their “not 1.12” list is yet to be seen. I’m just here to be hopeful.

4 Likes

One of the biggest reasons I want to play Classic is for the un-armored mounts…
Yes i would burn to 60 and get a bunch of gold… for the mount THEN i would worry about raiding. And if i wanted to take my time and level i can do it all over again.

7 Likes

Since you’re a fresh face in the conversation, what made them so special to you that they are one of the things you’re most interested in obtaining? I know I feel that they give the game undeniable flavor, and something, just, COOL to see sometimes.

2 Likes

And there’s the rub. Even if I were unable to obtain one it’d be more realistic to at least see some around.
But “authentic” has already discarded, I doubt this is any sort of priority. :confused:

5 Likes

I got the chance to play when they where in the game and for sale. At the time i was still in elementary school. Saving up for a mount for a child was no easy task. And once I finally had enough gold to buy a mount it was near the launch of BC. At the time I wondered why I couldn’t buy a “All White” Tiger. Everyone said ohh thats the Winterspirng grind mount… It was not the same not even close! Till this day it is the ONLY mount I want. (even better if I could pull that off as a human) A human priest with a armorless white saber.

6 Likes

I hear you. I always thought the white raptors were the coolest, but as I recall Taurens couldn’t ride them. I honestly don’t remember. But, I LOVED seeing Tauren on the wolves and the tiger from ZG because the mounts were just so much bigger than other mounts. I was grinding for the light purple tiger mount with my hunter at one point, but I gave up after BC launched. With flying mounts, there just wasn’t much of a point anymore. I’d never use it, and mount collection wasn’t reeeeally quite a thing yet.

2 Likes

Well the thing is when flying mounts got introduced you dont see ppl riding because they just blast off!

1 Like

Agreed. I get that most of us are old with responsibilities now, but I want that saber. D: At least a shot at it.

5 Likes

A lot of people have shown their support for the unarmored mounts. PLEASE, Blizzard. Add them in! Make an authentic experience that you promised!

5 Likes

OK, this is about the Unarmored Mounts, and debating over when they were put in, or trying to reason against them for what we believe the reason is, why not look at what 1 of the devs stated shall we?

I understand things get lost in the shuffle, here is what Blizz stated as the reason they decided NOT to put in unarmored mounts and I think the discussion should be focused on this:

"we don’t want to put them in for a limited period of time, because we didn’t want to influence people through their first leveling experience. Especially people coming back for the first time. We don’t want people to feel like they have to rush. If you want to level slowly and enjoy the journey, you should. That’s how I like to play–taking it slow, running every dungeon."

Let this set in for a minute before responding and also look at how the dev makes it look and feel as though the decision is based around “their” play style, as it has nothing to do with the community.

They never once polled the community about this, or even gave us a chance to give feedback on something that was very much a big part of Classic.

This is why I believe Blizz really needs to take a hard look at this, and see there is an overwhelming amount of support by the community to include the unarmored mounts, even if only available for a limited time.

Blizz should not be making these choices for the community because they are afraid some players will be upset they didn’t level fast enough to get an unarmored mount.

If this was a legit reason, why the heck did they even have them in game then back in the day when we had about a 6 month window to get them?? Why the big shift and change of policy when it goes against everything Classic??

So again, please Blizz, I truly hope you can give your community the opportunity it deserves.

5 Likes

First, I was not aware that a few dozen posters and 500 signatures represented “overwhelming support”.

Second, Blizzard does not have to “poll the community” about their decisions. It is their game. We as customers simply get to choose whether we wish to continue as customers.

Did they “poll the community” about what version of AV to use, whether to have CRBG’s, layering, RCR, etc.?

Sure, we can complain, whine, cry, bang our fists on the floor and voice our displeasure “providing feedback”, but in the end, all we can do is decide whether Classic is worth the cost of a subscription.

Fesz why do you keep circling back to things we’ve already talked about as though we haven’t addressed it? What reasoning are you using to say that all of the thousands of people who wanted to see Vanilla happen would not have implicitly been supporting unarmored mounts? The number of new posters in this thread is increasing as we approach launch day. If that’s not an indication that it’s a relevant topic about a beloved aspect of the game, I don’t know what is.

None of us are crying and banging our fists on the floor, and Blizzard asked us for feedback. Well, here it is.

#Forthemounts!

5 Likes

Is there a reason you are here in the Classic forums looking to fight, argue, or attempt to put down others on a consistent basis?

All the majority of us here have done is point out “factual” information of what was actually in the game back in those times and simply asking for Blizz to review and consider changing their decision.

If you wish to continue being negative towards the community, I suggest you leave, it doesn’t sound like classic may be for you.

3 Likes

I don’t really care one way or the other… I think it would be nice to have them for the novelty of it but I would just keep them rather then making them some speed leveling then.

4 Likes

And part of that factual information is that vendors no longer sold those unarmored mounts in 1.12.

Which, again, we’ve gone over 1.12 not being a set in stone standard.

3 Likes

That is your opinion based upon your biased interpretation of a vague Blizzard statement while ignoring a much more specific Blizzard statement.

We’ll have to wait to see how it all shakes out.

With less thsn 2 weeks left until launch, it looks like Blizzard is sticking to their guns and remaining consustent with 1.12.

And you clearly didn’t read my entire post nor are you intelligent enough to actually read the factual details. All you see is 1.12 and choosing to ignore all the other elements around what the devs stated.

So again, it is very clear your intentions are to be negative against the classic community based on your posting history.

4 Likes

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/not-adding-unarmored-mounts-is-a-mistake-and-the-reasoning-behind-the-decision-is-flawed/55831

Just wanted to post this here from EU forums. Blizzard. PLEASE. If you don’t care about me, fine. I know I am sometimes toxic, but I only am because of things I care about. If not for me, then for the hundreds of other people. Please.

9 Likes

Love it. I had no idea there was a separate EU forums.