Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

OK, I know I said I was mailing it yesterday, but I got a wild hair and decided to go extra overboard with my package. If I knew how to embed a picture, I’d post one, but I took one of those kids Jurassic park masks and painted it up to look like the ivory raptor. Hopefully office shenanigans ensue. The dry time took longer than I thought for part of it, so it’s official in the mail as of today.

4 Likes

Right on, Hetu! Diplomatic Warrior of the Unarmored Mounts!

Dear Actiblizz,
please don’t take bites from everyones vanilla just because not everyone can afford a two scoop waffle cone doesn’t mean we should all only get a child size.

5 Likes

Fixed it for you :rofl:

3 Likes

Mini thanks!

interesting stuff here

Unarmored mounts were one of my main reasons for wanting Classic. I hit 60 the patch after they were removed, and I wanted them so badly. If we’re doing phases in authenticity, then they should be available in Phase 1.

PS anyone earlier on in the thread playing the whole “it’s a no changes thing because they weren’t in 1.12” and arguing about auto loot… that is completely unrelated. You’re playing a favorite mind game of any debating troll on the internet.

That they were not in 1.12 and that auto loot was is not at all important to the topic at hand. You’re playing the game of someone trying to sideline the topic to a semantics argument.

The fact is that it makes total sense to add them. Even if we’re playing 1.12, we’re not going straight into Naxx, so any argument about us playing 1.12 is right out the window, period.

I think Blizz just needs to understand that we want these mounts, and we won’t blame them for poor hygiene and eating habits that ensue to get them. In fact, those things are going to happen regardless of that. People are still going to no-life on Classic and there is nothing short of limiting the time people can be logging in per day that Blizzzard can do to stop that. It’s a matter of free will and people who want to no-life grind will do that. That’s why some people hate current WoW’s time gating. They don’t have the freedom to endlessly grind if they so choose. At least in vanilla, it was a choice.

Give us unarmored mounts. Let me have the Ivory Raptor I pined over on the grind to 60 in 2005. Let me finally reach that goal that I could not before.

7 Likes

1.12 is just the game client.

The server itself, and the gameplay experience Blizzard has created, is supposed to follow the natural progression of the original release.

To launch game without unarmored mounts is an injustice to the word “Classic” this is supposed to represent.

7 Likes

this is outrageous I can’t believe they claim this is a classic experience while excluding the CLASSIC mounts and ignoring their customers … sigh

5 Likes

This right here is the EXACT reason I will play Classic over retail 95% to 5%. Classic has a million things to choose to go after and do that gives a sense of accomplishment. That I actually want to spend time doing. All of which can’t be done in a day, or a week.

Raiding
WPVP
BGs
Professions
lvl alts
Farm Dungeons
Farm Gold

Where as retail, I log in to do 1 or 2 things I enjoy doing(Raiding and M+), while seeing 50 things that I feel like I have to do to keep up, that I don’t want to do.

Islands - AFK mindless “group” content(3500 yippee points per week)

WQ’s - mindless solo content, gated rep and AP(3000 yippee points if you’re lucky)

Warfonts- AFK mindless group content

Mission table- Make sure you log in or check your phone

Progression Mythic raiding- Whats the point? I could spend countless hours playing to be “hardcore” for 4 to 6 weeks again, only to have my efforts of +10ilvl given out to everyone in the next content patch. Which my brain has been trained to not want to do because I know if I wait 3 months, instead of 6 weeks, I’ll get it for free.

WPVP- Warmode give me a break, 7v1 situations at every quest hub, don’t even get me started with phasing on this crap.

Gold farming- Whats the point? 20 bucks and I’m rich, certainly not gonna spend 10 hours grinding 130k gold

Professions- Whats the point? A socket in 2 items that’ll be replaced before I gather enough raid quest items to even learn the patterns.

Leveling Alts - Whats the point? 60$ and a casual no risk stroll through BFA zones and I’m maxed to only be in the rat race again.

THE GOOD- Visuals, Art, Boss mechanics, Cutscenes, and when I push a button… it feels good. Classic doesn’t hold up to these, but a good game doesn’t need to.

TL;DR

I want to be in an MMORPG again, excluding the mounts makes me believe BLIZZARD is still living in a retail fantasy. The only reasoning for exclusion that makes any sense at all, is to add them to the cash shop. That will be my subscription termination.

I loved your game, I used to love the games you made. Please at least make Classic, the game I loved.

1 Like

Blizzard we need answers! This was one of the most exciting aspects of Vanilla that I was excited to acheive!

4 Likes

Are we getting more newcomers to this thread as people get hyped for classic in the last month and visit the forums, only to have this thread be the first time they realize blizzard is leaving the unarmored mounts out, I wonder?

5 Likes

It is for me tbh. I Support NO CASH SHOP.

Give us all the mounts you bastards!

3 Likes

They have already addressed this issue.

It just was not the answer some people wanted to hear, though.

1 Like

Or do we simply have one of the people who want those umarmored mounts posting on a new alt?

How difficult is it to reach level 10 on a new triasl account linked to a new BNET account?

Note: I am not accusing any specific person or persons. I am just pointing out the possibility and the ease with which a new alt that has no ties to a “forum main” can be can be created.

I think the only time we had that kind of thing going on was up around post 537 where someone started liking their own posts a dozen times and was called out right away. I do think theres alot of people who wouldnt know whats up with these mounts and might be disappointed when they finally realize this museum is lacking some important stuff.

Then to find out the reason the unarmored mounts have been snubbed, not because of technical difficulties but because if included in Classic for a limited time as they were originally it might make some rush or miss out really isnt the kind of thinking that fits with what is supposedly being recreated.

3 Likes

Anything is possible I suppose, but it doesn’t seem like there’d be a need. And two of the posters were level 10, but the others weren’t. I also find this somewhat ironic, given that you’re posting from a level 10 :wink:

1 Like

/sarcasm on

You caught me. I’m posting ftom a forum alt with almost 400 posts. I’ve been here posting from this forum alt for well over a year, since shortly after Classic was announced.

I’m clearly just trying to artificially inflate my position.

/sarcasm off

That particular poster has a whopping 3 posts and 1 hour read time.

Those are not atypical numbers for a forum alt, IMO.

Meh, I had the same number before I found this thread. I find the forums completely uninteresting aside from this.

1 Like

We’ll never know, this platform BLIZZARD has given plagues these forums. I would hope, if it mattered to Blizzard that they would have an Admin feature that has an IP address tag next to posters names. Perhaps I’m dreaming.

One that doesn’t hold up to scrutiny from their fan base, which is damaging to the game that they love. I’ve still yet to hear anything from them, or opposition that makes me say; “Ok, you’re right, I’m wrong to want this.”

If BLIZZARD knows what their player base wants, and knows whats best for us… I’d love to see them implement a timer that resets every 24 hours giving us an allotted amount of time to play Classic. I love parental control as an adult.

2 Likes

Weird, I didn’t realize you were required to have a “forum main” let alone the ability to look up other player’s accounts to see who their alts might be? o.O