Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Dual spec effects the economy of the game, and devalues an impactful decision a player must make.

Transmog, while an aesthetic change and at face value is harmful to a Vanilla like experience. When you can cover up, and hide your gear. It takes away the prestige of earning valuable rewards from players like Pat in HWL gear.

I know it may seem like a double standard here, but riding an unarmored mount or an armored one may seem like the same thing. However it doesn’t effect game play like gear does.

2 Likes

This is so true it hurts. I highly doubt the developers are playing their own game too, the majority at least.

1 Like

Obviously talking about things that existed within Vanilla’s timeline. You better go back and start reading again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice cherry pick.

I see that you conveniently left out the last part of my post in which I noted that I was not advocating for those things. That couldn’t possibly be an attempt to cast aspersions on me for having the audacity to not support your desire for those shinies, could It?

HAHAHAHAHA, I like your style.

0, in fact I could argue they will make MORE money because if someone wants those things, BFA is ----------> this way. If you don’t want those things Classic is <------ this way.

To be skeptical, the only real reason they aren’t putting the mounts in the game that makes any sense, would be the business decision of making more money by adding them to a cash shop.

Which would as sad as it may be, make me quit the game on principle alone. I learned yesterday that Disney Land’s Adult ticket is 10+ years old, I went there as kid at 11, because my parents wanted me to experience it before it was more expensive and I had always wanted to go. Where in america, or the world is a 10 year old an adult?

Corporate Greed kills fun, if fun can’t be organic and what brings people to your business, then you’ll eventually fail.

6 Likes

Bump for the unarmored mounts! more options means more funs! no unarmored mounts means less authenticity. if they care about people rushing for any reason maybe servers should only be open during west coast business hours so we cant over do it

4 Likes

Thank you guys for all your continued support on this topic.

I know it has been a rough run after the original thread was deleted. However, we are almost at the same point where the original thread was before being deleted.

If you know anyone who commented in the previous thread let them know what happened, and encourage them to voice their opinion on the topic here again if they haven’t already. Keep spreading the word about this forum and issue to everyone, there are still many players who don’t know about this issue or that the first thread was deleted.

Thank you all again for your support and opinions on the issue. Here’s hoping for a blue post or official response on the issue shortly, to add more insight if nothing else.

For the Mounts!!!

4 Likes

Time for a new thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…

I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life."

-Teddy Roosevelt

5 Likes

Could even put a timer in the top right of screen: “Time untill lockout: 2hrs 54minutes 32 seconds.” Each day

That’s not how I like to play, and honestly Classic already does that naturally, because the world feels vast and full of things that take time to accomplish.

Holding the mounts hostage is wrong.

FREE THE OPPRESSED MOUNTS, THEY ONLY WANT TO BE THE NOBLE STEED OF A LEGEND.

5 Likes

A true visionary, one of the greatest Americans to have ever lived.

4 Likes

Please blizzard, take time to rethink your stance on the Unarmored mounts. I truly believe the game will be better with them in it, remember that this is forever. I don’t even care if you add them in a year from now to alleviate the rush… just put them in the game.

8 Likes

Please keep the thread on topic!

2 Likes

If you are going to request that the thread remain on topic, I suggest you don’t go off topic.

Allow me to quote you:

Or is it OK for you and those that agree with you to go off topic, but not those that disagree with you?

That was in response to a quote he used in regard to the topic, I then posted instantaneously after that about the topic itself.

As opposed to your post, which is inflammatory and contributes absolutely nothing.

4 Likes

This would be valid, given that today was August 27, and them stating they won’t be implemented. I think the majority here would go straight to acceptance and play the game. Try again though, I support your continued support to the thread.

3 Likes

I feel like Blizzard doesn’t care at all about feedback. :rhinoceros::goat::racehorse:

4 Likes

+1, this!!!

4 Likes

That interview Staysafe and Esfand had with the Devs, mostly asking about layering. Actually gives me high hopes for the people ACTUALLY working on classic.

Hopefully they are too busy overseeing possible major challenges that it would take to introduce the NPC’s that sell the mounts,(into the 1.12 client, on a 7.3.? server etc) the mounts themselves, and gameplay issues that would make this game great.

Another reason they likely don’t blue post often would be PR and hype that often gets blown out of proportion, understandably would be a headache and not worth the effort.

HOPEFULLY, they are recoloring 2 cool unarmored mounts for Undead, because a LOT of people will be undead, and they didn’t originally have them.

1 Like