Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

I think the problem here is that you are comparing the BFA expansion to vanilla. In vanilla they let hardcore players get rewards that casual players would never dream of. However in BFA they cater much more to the causal player base.

You can’t bring BFA morals into classic they are to completely different games and if you don’t like this unfair model your not gonna like they other things classic will have in store.

3 Likes

Maybe you should take a look at my post history before you start assuming things.

Also, this goes to my third bullet above. “Because I said so” is not a valid argument. Even if I were to play along with it, the entire purpose of this thread and the previous (as well as numerous smaller threads that popped up) is to convince Blizzard to change their mind, like they did with several other things in regards to classic.

4 Likes

“Because I said so” is not a valid argument.

Finally, something we can agree upon.

Even if I were to play along with it, the entire purpose of this thread and the previous (as well as numerous smaller threads that popped up) is to convince Blizzard to change their mind, like they did with several other things in regards to classic.

How do we know we actually changed their minds though, and they weren’t already planning those changes to begin with?

It’s only a concern for blizzard. It’s their reasoning, according to the post anyway.

And it’s a pretty damn valid concern.

Bumping for Unarmored mounts.

1 Like

G I V E :horse:

2 Likes

I can’t speak and say with factual evidence whether or not Blizzard made it known the Black Battle Tank was a one time event, and the short window to obtain it after the first player did.

However, whether or not players knew about the time frame and exclusivity around the Black Battle Tank at the time, they do today. They know the entire quest-line front to back, and what it will take to complete in the shortest time possible. Returning players to a state where they don’t have this knowledge going into a game that is 15 years old is impossible.

By the logic posed here it would make the unarmored mounts being in Classic today no different. Players would already immediately know whether these mounts were going to later become unobtainable or not and have to make a personal decision to go after them or not the same as the Black Battle Tank. I personally, already built my entire play-style around such events and having them taken away removes a large reason for me to play in Classic.

Should we follow Blizzard’s logic on this issue the Black Battle Tank should not exist in Classic either. Despite players knowing the requirements for obtaining it, same as the unarmored mounts, it would alter their play-style to rush through a quest-line they otherwise might not.

I do recognize Blizzard’s reasoning in not wanting people to rush to level cap to obtain a mount. But as so many others in this forum have stated, people are often rushing to level cap for other reasons and will continue to do so regardless of these mounts being in the game. There might be a group of people who do decide to go after one of these mounts, who otherwise wouldn’t, but that is a decision they will have to make personally, it should not be made by someone else on their behalf.

Most players returning to Classic will be adults and are capable of making personal decisions regarding their play-style and any personal consequences with it. Furthermore, should Blizzard follow the time frame these mounts were originally available for (roughly 5.5 months) that is enough time for even a casual player to hit level cap and farm enough gold to purchase at least 1 of these mounts. Alternatively, they could add the mounts in permanently alongside their armored counterparts and allow players to choose. This forum is just as much about the reasoning Blizzard gave for excluding them as it is the mounts themselves.

4 Likes

I’m not opposed to the notion of having the unarmored mounts in a permanent capacity.

But I’m also not blind enough to assume that just because people are adults that they are somehow capable of controlling themselves. I’ve seen too much evidence to the contrary IRL.

Having prestigious mounts in the game at launch isn’t worth ruining mount collectors’ first leveling experience because they have to rush the game multiple times just to get these mounts before they’re gone.

Whether or not blizzard made it clear that the AQ mount would be exceptionally exclusive doesn’t matter. The fact remains:

AQ mount 10+ years later is something players can fully prepare for, and creates a rush to 60 mentality, not only for the player going for it, but all of their followers as well. Which is their choice, and I fully support it.

Unarmored mounts 10+ years later is something players can fully prepare for, and only creates a rush mentality for players that trickle into classic 4months post launch.

Unarmored mounts, being a choice at the vendor… harms no one except a few retail snowflakes that believe their mounts should be exclusive in every game forever.

4 Likes

And I’ve already said multiple times I’m not opposed to the idea of permanently-available unarmored mounts.

But it’s Blizzard’s decision and I don’t think they’re gonna budge on this.

1 Like

Cool, I appreciate your support. You’re right it is blizzards decision and I do think they should budge on this.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I’m sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

I’m Laeric, Master of Confusing Viewpoints. And you are? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dimitra, Master of Reason and Promoter of Choice. Nice to meet you :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d like to add “Master of Reason” to my titles as well but unfortunately that’s where most of the confusion comes from. Haha

1 Like

How do you figure? The quests and items and NPC’s needed for the AQ mount are probably months away. You don’t have to rush to 60 to participate in helping someone get the AQ mount.

You’re right, directly tied with the mount isn’t accurate, however the mechanic of layering being a limited time is.

2 Likes

Bump! Lok Tar Ogar!

3 Likes

Why is your account profile hidden?

FFXI, an 18 year old (dead)game with many years of changes and QoL upgrades still have close nit communities. Why is this?

1 Character that unlocks and levels jobs(classes). Everyone knows who Dimitra is, they may think I’m bad at the game, annoying, a boss, or a casual; but there is no hiding from the community.

This alone promotes players to be their best selves and act accordingly, or suffer consequences like not being invited to a group, or always being invited.

1 Like