Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

That would be the much better option. Then no one has to feel rushed. I just would not want this to turn into a slippery slope.

1 Like

Im with you on that. Like im not opposed to certain changes to be honest but the slippery slope was my reason for saying you know what lets stick to stuff from within vanillas scope, for now at least. But I think this is one area that their lack of wanting to do more than the bare minimum works in our favor, in a sense. A simple copy paste reskinned mount is so insignificant as to in my opinion not be abig deal as far as work and not trigger them into doing more than that.

Blizzard has always had a bad habit of telling us how they want us to play. I specifically remember Ghostcrawler saying there would never be a hide shoulders option because their artists put a lot of work into those models.

It was an absurd reason and what do you know, after he left we got a hide shoulders option.

Leaving unarmored mounts in permanently cannot realistically hurt anything.

7 Likes

I would like for them to be added, but it will suck and be okay either way.
If they are added I get to have awesome unarmored mount.
If are not added, I dont get my ivory raptor, “but” that also means i dont have to stress over getting the rep and gold.

3 Likes

How many of those that want those unarmored mounts have claimed that the slippery slope does not exist because one change is not a reason to ask for other changes, but in the next breath say that Blizzard is already making changes, so another change to add the unarmored mounts would be OK?

1 Like

Exactly. As soon as blizzard caves on one change there will be new threads saying, “Well blizzard changed on Unarmored mounts so how about x,y,z”

2 Likes

I agree 100%.

Keep the unarmored mounts out of Classic.

(Or give us some class adjustments and guild banks, Blizz!)

2 Likes

LOL. I see what you did there. :grin:

2 Likes

Any and all changes asked for should be considered for logical and rational reasons, which the majority of us are trying to offer and which both camps are (mostly) debating with. Blizzard will do what they like after considering what we have said, and if they stay the course fair enough.

As consumers, even if we are a minority or majority, we can and should let them know what we were hoping for otherwise they are working in an echo chamber.

5 Likes

If Blizzard caves and adds the unarmored mounts to Classic, ow long do you think it would be before the first cries of “let out Classic mounts be added to our retail collections. After all we earned them and itvrequired the same effort to obtain them that it did in vanilla.” start to flood the forums?

2 Likes

About 1.34 seconds. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t even want an unarmoured mount because its exclusive, I just want a mottled raptor because its the best looking mount in classic. I’m alliance though so I’ll support someone else’s mottled raptor dream even though I don’t really care about the alliance mounts.

5 Likes

Such posts would be futile considering blizzard has already stated that the games are entirely seperate. I wonder how many threads there will be for corrupted ashbringer… better remove it from the game!

God I am so smart, predicting things and what not.

4 Likes

And yet they are linking the CE pets from retail to Classic.

2 Likes

They are linking a pet that people bought outside of the game in 2004/2005 to classic… big deal… that doesn’t even go with your argument. Is blizzard going to be handing unarmored mounts to the people that earned them in 2004?

3 Likes

They already stated that the unarmored mounts would not be in Classic.

By your logic, posts clamoring for them to be in Classic are futile, since Blizzard already stated that they would not be. Yet, here you are clamoring for something Blizzard said would not be in Classic.

Voicing our opinions about an item that was originally in Vanilla on a DISCUSSION forum is not inappropriate.

Telling people who do so that they are “sperging out” and “pitching a fit” is what’s actually disproportionate, and I dare say a bit rude.

5 Likes

Voicing your opinion once or twice is one thing.

Creating numerous SPAM threads and continue to pester Blizzard both that shiny you desire is, IMO, “sledging out” and pitching a fit.

1 Like

Isn’t this exactly what you are doing? You are a spammer. 100%. People have told you many times over again about the things you brought up and yet you continue to bring them up.

6 Likes

Well…we are talking about a cosmetic skin of a mount that was originally in the game for a short period, and then changed by devs at a later point. We aren’t talking about a game feature / mechanic that is diametrically opposed to the spirit of the original version of the game.

I can see there being several very long threads created over Blizzard keeping in auto-grouping / teleporting LFG, LFR, transmog, etc.

It seems disproportionate to have the same over a purely cosmetic item in the game…when everything else has been pretty spot on.

This is…of course my opinion, and in no way am I suggesting that no one be allowed to discuss a disagreement with it. Say what you want…I’m just putting this out for a little perspective.