Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

I think they’re taking the phrase “museum piece” way too seriously. They’re wanting people to casually strole through the museum and take in everything they possibly can, enjoying every moment and every piece the museum has to offer.
At the end of the museum is the merchandise store that will only sell certain items for a short time. Blizzard decides to remove them from sale alltogether because they don’t want people rushing to the end to buy them.
These players are still paying to enter the museum and are still looking at all the content. If there’s players who are really wanting those items, then just let them buy them.

8 Likes

Here’s a triple gin and slimline tonic.

I support this thread’s existence.

5 Likes

Meh if they would be time locked after a certain period, I’d rather they just didn’t have them.
People will end up complaining they can’t get them forever…
And they are just mounts so I don’t care much.:grin:

4 Likes

It doesn’t make sense to add them because they’re not supposed to be in Vanilla. The Vanilla devs took them out for a reason, and added in the mounts that are supposed to be there. Blizzard is recreating the game with the mounts that are supposed to be there, not the ones that were unfinished. This makes total sense.

The mounts were not supposed to be a planned limited time reward. Removing them was a necessity, and so was adding the vendor to exchange them, but Blizzard would have gladly switched them out automatically for every player if they could have gotten away with it.

8 Likes

Thank you. I’m taking the day off to drink like any proper Scandinavian pagan.
Happy Summer Solstice!

2 Likes

Moving to Europe and joining the EU realms soon Seid, why would the servers there depress you? Is it related to this issue?

They’ve decided it’s too much trouble to make separate language servers so they’e thrown all of EU into a blender. Many EU players know from experience that this won’t end well. Lots of conversations about it on the EU forums if you want to check it out, it’s not related to this issue at all though.

3 Likes

It’s not, though. You want to discredit Blizzard’s logic because it’s a roadblock to something you want, but the reasoning makes sense. Blizzard is trying to snapshot WoW at a certain period in its existence – in this case, patch 1.12. Yes, they’re taking some liberties with the raid release schedule, but when all is said and done, Classic is going to be a 1.12 emulation.

Am I a fan of everything about this decision? Nah, I’d rather have an older AV than 1.12. But that doesn’t mean Blizzard’s logic is faulty. It just means I don’t necessarily like the decision they made in this case.

Commandeering Septicflesh’s “museum piece” example for a second… going to a museum and seeing a diorama of a caveman fighting a dinosaur would be pretty awesome, but it’s not historically accurate and arguably doesn’t belong there. You’re putting together two things that didn’t coexist.

Anyhow. I’m sorry the old thread died. I disagree with the concept of putting the unarmored mounts in game as purchasable from a vendor in Classic, because I think that’s unnecessarily deviating from what you could do in 1.12, but you all at the very least deserve to be heard. I don’t know what happened to the old thread because I stopped checking in on it but you guys have a right to voice your opinion. Hopefully this time it stays civil and nobody gets a timeout for bad behavior.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Unarmored mounts are a legacy item that should only be owned by the people that bought them in the first few months they existed. It is insane to me that so much time and effort is being focused on something so trivial.

3 Likes

I don’t agree that “it was intended, therefore it should be” as that would validate all the requests from the Classic+ crowd to add/modify in a bunch of non-classic content into Classic because “they totally planned to add this raid/dungeon/etc”.

But, what I do at least understand is Blizzard’s argument that it’s going to cause the classic community to have a collective aneurysm over how <x> players got the mounts but they got removed from classic before they got the gold to buy them. The WoW community has always acted like a spoiled child, and they’re just having none of it this time.

With the number of posts about how people were “owed” Beta and it’s a human rights violation that they didn’t get into Beta and other garbage, I too would be concerned about the drama over unarmored mounts and how some people couldn’t “buy them in time”. Someone at Blizzard likely thought:

“Rage threads over unarmored mounts not being in classic will be easier to deal with and short lived compared to the rage threads of them being removed after X time and players being mad they couldn’t obtain those mounts before then.”

I can see that thought process. As much as I would prefer the unarmored mounts being present for a time, I can empathize with Blizzard not wanting to deal with that drama.

I didn’t care before, but now I’m on board and fully support the unarmored mount crew. Apparently Blizz hasn’t paid attention to pretty much any of human history. Trying to silence people only makes them louder.

I like the ancient frostsaber, black ram, and the white stallion, personally. That just gives me a reason to grind more reps. More play time is a good thing, right?

9 Likes

Unarmored mounts were not in 1.12. There was even a mechanism to trade in your unarmored mount for an armored one.

4 Likes

Neither was auto looting, and this affects gameplay less than that.

3 Likes

Auto looting was introduced in patch 1.9. :wink:

2 Likes

Manually.

Actually, thank you because that makes the analogy better. It’s a slight variant of something that is being added in Classic. Just like the mounts are variants. Except they were in at one point.

1 Like

Keep fighting the good fight!

2 Likes

Auto loot was in 1.12. Unarmored mounts were not.

4 Likes

Shift clicking auto loot was. If you’re going to use the “ThAt WaSnT iN 1.12” argument, then any small changes should annoy you, not just some. As I said…

1 Like

That’s easy. The mounts were actually removed, and the new ones added in Vanilla. They were not theoretical content that got pushed to TBC or never released at all.

Agree about the rage threads. Blizzard might budge over some stuff, but at this point game is close to launch, late in the testing phase, dev team is trying to polish things up. Mounts ain’t goin in.

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t even care for unarmored mounts, until I saw them deleting threads.

The reasoning you mentioned is not the one they used. They literally said, tldr; we dont want people to feel forced to level fast to try and grab a mount before they are gone. That is the reasoning I was talking about.

5 Likes