Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

LOL how is it unfortunate for me? I don’t want an unarmored mount. You do but you can’t have one. :slightly_smiling_face:

And you do realize that blizz does not have to justify anything to you. It is their product. If you don’t like it you don’t have to buy it.

All of you are arguing with people who cannot give you unarmored mounts to begin with.

So say we all hold hands in rainbow happy agreement that you should get your unarmored mounts. You still won’t get them LOL.

Nope, I think that has no place in classic. If you want to wear robes of arugal than go acquire that item and wear it.

If you want the unarmored white stallion than go buy it for the same price as the other mounts and ride it.

Anyone who doesn’t know which mounts are epic will learn between 1 and 60. They can also visibly see that the mount is moving at 100% speed. They can also hover over their targets active status effects which will say that the mount is a 100% speed mount.

5 Likes

I was simply pointing out another one of your failed justifications.

The mounts are still by the vendors. There are at least 4 white stallions standing in the game in vanilla.

It is the first horse you see upon entering the game as a human in north shore valley.

It is the second horse you see outside of the Goldshire inn.

The general of the storm wind army is sitting on top of a white stallion at the storm wind gates.

There is a white stallion right next to the mount vendor in Menethil Harbor.

As for you insulting this entire discussion… what is the point of the forums? This is the point of the forums. Asking for things, discussing the positives and negatives. Just because you disagree with something doesn’t mean you have to hate it or the people that want it. The person agreeing with you has authored threads on implementing the WoW token in classic, and adding transmog to classic… both which would be extremely damaging to classic…the implementation of unarmored mounts would NOT be damaging.

4 Likes

The vendors all have models of the mounts they have for sale so you can see which one you like. The tigers in Darnussus come to mind. I know I don’t want that area cluttered with a dozen different models.

1 Like

Thank you for taking your time to open this new megathread, Fonzie. Very well written post!

3 Likes

What? Just because they are being used as models in the game doesn’t mean Blizzard wants players to have them. They are there to fill out the scene.

1 Like

I thought they were unfinished placeholders though?!?!

1 Like

Yes, for epic mounts. For epic mounts they were unfinished. That does not mean they are not assets they can reuse elsewhere.

1 Like

So the wintersaber is unfinished? How are the mounts “unfinished” if they are unique models?

The models are finished
They are NOT placeholders
They were not removed because they were intended to be temporary.

Find me a quote by blizzard which states their reasoning for removing them, don’t just insinuate and assume please.

4 Likes

No one has to find you a quote. Blizzdaddy removed them from vendors and told you “no”.

They don’t have to give us any justification. They don’t have to give us a reason.

I have said multiple times i don’t care about the mounts they are reskins that dknt matter at all other than preference. I do care about blizzard trying to tell us as paying customers how we should level and feel. On top of paternlisticlly saying we cant handle the “trauma” of not getting 60 in time to buy tje mounts or that we’re just too greedy to accept that someone else got it and we didnt. Just like the av reasoning the items are icky why would you want to collect a night elf head. And that its just too hard for us we couldnt handle old av with the buffed gaurds and they are doing it all for our own good. I will call that out whether I want the thing or not.

3 Likes

If someone is putting words In blizzards mouth and saying that they did something for a specific reason than yes… I do want a quote or evidence.

I guess that’s because I actually care about the game though.

1 Like

IKR? Love hurts. :broken_heart: :cry:

Exactly why I am trying to have this changed before the game launches. You can react to that in whatever way you want. I care about the game and even though I might not get what I want, at least I can say I tried.

5 Likes

You’re looking at this the wrong way. Why does Blizzard add limited time rewards in retail? It’s because it gets people to sub. Log in today and get Dreadwake! Here’s the sub button. Oh don’t forget to sub at the end of Legion or you can’t do Mage Tower. Make sure you pay for a AOTC run so you can get the Bird and Moose mounts, limited time only.

Limited time rewards are there to give you less choices, not more. When there are no limited time rewards, there is no pressure to play the content Blizzard wants you to play, or to sub when there’s nothing that you want to do. It let’s you decide what reward is the most important and go for that. Limited time rewards become high priority targets because you know once they are gone, you might regret it in fifteen years.

It’s not a limited time reward. Blizzard removed it in 2005 and they had absolutely no idea they would be doing this 14 years later.

Implementing them permanetely is the best solution for authenticity. There should be no race, they should never be removed.

Also your entire argument about time limited rewards is wholly inaccurate. Blizzard has always had time limited rewards. AQ event, bug bosses in tons of zones dropping temporary gear. The scourge invasion which drops temporarily available gear. The tabard of the argent dawn skin which was a limited time reward for doing the TBC portal pre quest.

3 Likes

Keep fighting the good fight. :muscle:

1 Like

At least I’m not pro transmog/WoW token right? This change seems pretty harmless right?

1 Like

As long as they are not limited time only I can’t see any way it would harm the game. But I don’t want to crack open the door even a little bit for blizzard to do any changes.

2 Likes

You really don’t see difference between those events and unarmored mounts?

Those events didn’t change game play, all you had to do was log in one day during event.

Time limited mounts would change game play drastically - they would encourage rushing to max level and grinding gold. Almost anyone who wants to have mount will have to change their game play style. That’s massive difference between those events.

1 Like