Unacceptable Levels of World Lag

This has been an issue for me, especially during primetime, in all BFA zones since the expansion launched.

Doesn’t matter what datacenter the server I play on is located in; the response times I experience for commands do not in any way match my displayed home and world pings.

Oh, I was wondering why my DH was lagging in Tiragarde Sound earlier.

Not sure how this is relevant. It’s not a tech support issue when multiple people are experiencing it with incredibly different setups but proven-to-be-stable connections. The fact that it only happens in BFA zones (for me at least) further proves that there is something environmental at play that isn’t related my own setup.

2 Likes

Because the blues who staff the Technical Support forum and gather data there can forward this type of thing upward when it’s determined to be a serverside issue through diagnostics.

This isn’t exactly a complicated leap of logic.

Was this necessary? Honestly.

It’s tough to believe that process gets followed given how long the issue has existed for Oceanic players since launch without a fix.

Was this?

I wasn’t aware this thread was about Oceanic players specifically – where’s that called out? None of the people thus far in this thread are even on Oceanic realms.

It was an example of another issue that has received far more player attention but hasn’t followed the process you’ve outlined. The issue, while extremely similar, was not implied to be the issue.

I imagine this is why after landing at a flight path it sometimes takes me a good 10-20 seconds to actually dismount.

Here’s a tech support thread if people feel like joining in: Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Rep confirms the issue seems similar to or the same as Oceanic. Didn’t expect them to actually possibly be the same, but tough to predict infrastructure issue consistency.

Thanks for providing this.

1 Like

Yes

We know.

Look at the date

3 Likes

This has been my experience on NA realms all day. Please fix this.

It would be nice if they would just get the dang thing fixed. Just seems they passing the buck to us. This expansion is becoming known as Battle to Play since we have to fight the dang latency all the time.

1 Like

Yep… Question is " Don’t you have a Phone? We moved all the great people to mobile because that’s where its at now… TY China and blizz or should say Activision.

That’s exactly what I did - cancelled my account. Its obviously server lag and they’re doing nothing about it. True story: Aeire Peak has been my main server for a decade but since they dumped BfA on us my game lag is making it unplayable. Anywhere in any BfA zone is deadly lag for me. However, if I go play on a dead server I found (has no players) I have zero lag just so long as I stay away from BfA zones. So, I know for certain its not my connection, its not my machines, its the WOW servers and/or their horrible CRZ policy.

The ignored lag issues is one of the top 10 reasons why I’m leaving for good. Blizzard use to give a cr@p about their players but no more.

1 Like

It’s been bad lately. In Arathi too. And random DC’s seem to have gone up as well.

BFA has had this issue from the beginning. Very frustrating. I haven’t been noticing it as much lately… because I’ve been playing other games.

I wonder if it has to do with the increased amount of CRZ players I am seeing. I’ve seen an increase in the number of players in the world, but ALL of them are from another server. I’ve been suspicious that they’ve increased CRZ to make people think there are more players than there actually are, because of all the bad hype BfA has gotten. But I’m probably just a bit to jaded at this point.

1 Like

@Jainfire - I’m on Thrall which is a pretty heavy server and my computer has handled high population with even animation effects since Legion. However, when I started my WinMTR I noticed there was only 2 IP’s to ping - West Coast and Central – I’m on the East Coast. Maybe a server (or more) has been closed- which now I’m thinking of it, goes with what you’re saying. East coast now has to travel farther with more traffic. If that’s the case, c’mon blizz, that’s just not cool nor what I want to pay for.

Sharding made it worse.