Unable to use mail return service

I am unable to use the mail return service on https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6403

Instead of taking me to the mail return service when I click the link there, it sends me to the general customer support page. Either this page should be updated (i.e., if this service is no longer available) or the link/service should be fixed.

In short,
https://www.battle.net/support/help/wf/wow/463/1674/submitted
instead of going to the mail return service, goes to this page instead:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

Naturally I’d like my mail restored without having to wait ~73 hours, so if that is possible I’d be very happy for that as well. My ticket is US89766127. But this page really should be updated/fixed.

2 Likes

You have a ticket in, so that’s absolutely the correct course of action at the present moment.

I’m not entirely sure if the services are being retired or were removed from the support site for maintenance or changes, but I’m hoping there might come some clarification sometime.

Clicking No at the bottom of the article where it asks “did this help?” should prompt a viewing by the parties concerned with keeping them updated.

3 Likes

Clarification would be nice indeed. Frankly I am surprised that such a useful automated service that would presumably significantly cut down on the amount of support GMs would have to give would be shut down or even merely left broken/unusable, but the fact the support page is leading to… well, nothing is mildly frustrating.

I did definitely let them know that the support page wasn’t working and I tried to access the mail return service in other ways, but it doesn’t appear to be working/available in any way. The service appears to be gone?

Yes, I mentioned both classic and retail services were removed from the support site. Just not sure whether intended, maintenance, or coming changes.

1 Like

I hope this service hasn’t been removed. I’ve tweeted @WarcraftDevs, but have yet to get a response. Have also gone to submit a ticket for mail restoration, but it only lets you type the name of a particular item.

There were multiple items attached to a couple of messages I missed. How would everyone else submit this?

So, this was disabled - why I wasn’t told.

I also don’t have an ETA at the moment on the return.

I wish I had more to share, but that’s all I have at the moment.

5 Likes

Hi Orlyia,

Thank you for the update! Are we able to submit tickets for a manual mail restoration in the meantime or will this be denied/not possible due to the back-end also being disabled that GM’s would access?

Kind Regards,
Darkaris

I’d go ahead and put in a ticket. Be sure to mention that the service is down.

4 Likes

Will do, thanks!

1 Like

Oh nice, well at least someone got an answer on their thread! I posted about this last night. Glad to see someone got attention to it!

1 Like

Same problem this morning

You will need to submit a ticket while the services are disabled.

3 Likes

I appreciate the information, thank you for looking into it! It’s good to know at least that it is in fact down, hopefully it’s just down temporarily!

I did do that, sadly I wasn’t sure where to submit the ticket and an automatic process tried to call it complete while referring to generic resources due to there being so many tickets. I just set it as not resolved, of course. Hopefully it will get looked by a human at in the next day or so.

Either way though I do hope this service returns soon. It seems like it must have been extremely helpful to a lot of people!

This is especially bad, as many – perhaps most – Mac users were completely locked out for four days.

How would a self-help mail service option being disabled keep any user locked out for days, let alone Mac specific ones?

4 Likes

I’m a Mac user and wasn’t locked out.

5 Likes

I think they meant Mac users have been locked out by some other problem, so they are more affected by the mail return issue. (Because… well, I don’t get this part… mail they wanted returned about to expire maybe?)

Checked the Mac tech support forum and there has been a serious bug affecting some Mac users, preventing them from playing at all. I guess that’s what Chaosi is referring to.

The thread is a borderline necro and the post in question is not relevant in the slightest - two completely different issues. I peeked over at the Mac forum. Not a single one I saw was in reference to mail retrieval issues specific to Macs.

And if there is a login issue, it needs to remain in the Mac forum so that the proper folks can see it. This forum is a player-to-player assistance forum with no staff outside of our SFAs, and they have nothing to do with Tech Support or Bug issues. Hijacking a thread with something irrelevant to it will just get a post removed and potentially the thread locked.

4 Likes