Unable to Unsubscribe or remove payment method information

I have recently purchased a 12 month Sub for WoW and as is my normal actions, have tried to cancel the subscription afterwards to ensure I don’t make another payment in the event I do stop playing and forget. Every time I try to unsub, the browser just stays in a loading screen and never progresses. This is not the first time this issue has been a thing for my account. I have tried on different browsers and my phone, still no go. Furthermore I also wanted to remove the saved Payment method, same issue. I can almost instantly however still make purchases… Go figure. After creating a Ticket for this issue the second time around… The glorious helper whom replied told me to go to the forums as to make contact with the developers… Is that not what my ticket does! As stated in my tickets, is this not what had been tried before!

So now my frustration with Blizzard is ten fold. So now I cannot unsub nor remove my credit card information due to your website and have been offered nil to no help from you. Real quality for a 10 + years customer.

Post this in customer support, not here.