Unable to toggle Zone Map

My issue is that I am unable to view the Zone Map. For the record - because I know someone will post their confusion - there are three map panes in WoW. You can see this for yourself by opening Main Menu -> Key Bindings -> Interface Panel.

• World Map Pane: This is the fullscreen (by default) map that appears when the player presses M (default keybind).

• Minimap: This is the small map that exists in the top-right of the game and which is enabled by default (no default keybind, must be assigned a keybind).

• Zone Map: This is like a small version of the World Map Pane, except it exists in the bottom-right of the game and you cannot use it to view zones other than your current zone. It is not enabled by default (default keybind is Shift+M).

I am running the classic client without any add-ons, so that is ruled out. The toggle works in the retail client, so I know it is not my hardware or local software problem.

I used to have a signature here. The Shattering… shattered it. Please don’t step on the pieces.

5 Likes

I am experiencing the same thing. I thought for a bit that I just needed to check my retail priviledge, but then noticed that there is explicitly a key bind that you can set for it.

I am also experiencing this problem, I get the options, when right click at the correct location (have to move the mouse over the option [which you can’t see] and I can right click there to get the options Show Teammate, Lock Zone Map and Change Opacity, which still will not show the zone map when choosing any of these options.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I keep trying to figure it out myself but definitely seems to not be working. Im wondering if it is only for battglegrounds

I am having this problem as well. However it only appears to happen on one character. The rest of my characters are fine.

Sorry to be the one to necro this but I just came back after a year. Work at first, now the M map toggle key won’t work. Key is still bound, won’t work with or without addons enabled.

2 Likes

I guess we’re just going to have to fix this issue ourselves…GG thanks for the all the help Blizz.

1 Like

sounds about right

same problem, zone map doesnt exists for me. also checked they keybinds.

Try this and see if it resets the map settings for you:

Navigate to your WoW install folder > classic > WTF > Account > Server > Character > Saved Variables > Delete the Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua and .bak files > Restart WoW client > Shift+M to test map again

2 Likes

Sounds like a you problem, works on my machine.

Perfect. This was exactly the corrupted file. I had the exact problem everyone else was experiencing and this is the fix. Thank you.

Very simply, you press SHIFT+M

The zone map pops right open.